This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• Seee, ciao....buonanotte! Aspetta e spera!

• So I did a guided LTH test today again which gave me an updated treshold, but how is that actually calculated?!

This is how it went:

zone time avg pace avg hr
    131-141 4:00 4:32 134
    131-141 4:00 4:18 136
    141-151 4:00 4:02 145
    151-161 4:00 3:46 155
    161-171 4:00 3:33 163

This resulted in a detected LTHR pace of 3:50 and LTHR heartrate of 158 (watch said pace of 3:49 btw, lets chalk that up to rounding errors)

Lab-tests seem to indicate both are quite a bit higher (HR towards ~165 and pace towards ~3:40) so that's another thing.

Anyway, wonder if this will do anything wrt auto detection but my money is on not...

Link for completeness: 

connect.garmin.com/.../10752966687

• I believe the lactate threshold is calculated via RR intervals (HRV). When they go to their lowest number that's assumed to be the threshold.

A much better way of doing this at home is via an AlphaHRV ramp. Bit of a learning curve but you get both your VT1 and VT2. See here: forum.intervals.icu/.../

• Thanks, will take a look...

• Sure when Forerunner 965 will be available the Auto LTH will return..... with last update we have CIQ 4.2.0, that are in Beta. So in the next update Garmin will resolve LTH and doing this another function stop to work...Cowboy. Now programmer are busy too resolve bug of new Forerunner entry and then will think to the functionality of the old device.

It's very interesting, I never think that our 8 months old device are still in Beta.... hey  when we will have device out of beta program ?

• For your information. Garmin devices is delivered in a state of beta and remain there the whole lifespan. Sad but true.

• There might be a solution comming, on the 965 forum the following SW rollout is taking place:

Software version 3.58 for the Forerunner 965 is now available and is at 20% rollout.

This update will be installed to your device automatically when paired with the Garmin Connect app or can be downloaded from Garmin Express when available for your watch.  

Change Log:

• Fixed an issue that could cause Track Run workouts to over-report distance.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent Lactate Threshold Heart Rate auto-detection from working correctly.
  • Well, that's some good news finally...

But also pretty typical that with the 965 (which isn't even available on a proper scale yet) it's suddenly actually addressed and already started to release while for the 955, which has been suffering from this for months already, we still have to wait and see when we actually get something.

• They are ridiculous and are in disarray. Unfortunately we are the ones to pay for the damages of their ineptitude