This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• Lets see if anyone with a 265 or 965 has success in getting an update in LTH ......

• I'm joining the club! My LTH is not changing since early February. Currently on sw 14.20, even with LTH test I still get the same values. Race prediction is getting better, vomax is increasing and evet if it's not measurable, I feel better that 2 months ago!

• I'm sure there are a lot of people a lot smarter than me here so I'd be happy to be corrected, but I don't think you can infinitely improve your LTHR with training.  I've probably done 10 tests in the last 6 months, and I think my LTHR has been within 2bpm each time (several of them showing the same LTHR with quicker pace).  What has continually improved are the paces that I am running within each of my zones.

I just took a look at my run today which was a 5 minute warmup, 40 minutes in Z2.  I did the same workout on 11/22/2022.

Covered 0.36 mi more in the same time.

Average pace today 9:38/mi vs 10:27/mi

Average HR today was 147 vs 155 bpm

• You have to take the prediction from the watch with a huge grain of salt. It estimates my LTHR at 178 bpm. For me, this value also never changed in the past, only thr pace.

However, in my half marathon 2 weeks ago, I ran 90 min with an average heart rate of 183. Since I don't think I could be 5 bpm over my LTHR for 90 min, the watch is probably underestimating the value

• You're right, I don't expect my LTH to always improve, infact it is going up and down along the year. But as you see in the graph below looks like it got stuck in february

I bough the 955 in october, and there is a gap also.

This is the one year race prediction graph

and I think it's pretty accurate to my case. Last Sunday I ran a  10k race, my time was 30sec faster than predicted.

Today I did a LTH test and got the same values I had early in february. And race prediction went down 30sec.

• @Garmin-Sierra , if you read this I'll be very happy to share the data from my connect, in case it could help!

Thank you

• You are 1000% correct to take these with a grain of salt.  I had a 5mi race on Thanksgiving where my 20 min heart rate was 16bpm over my LTHR.  I haven't read the actual scientific papers that show the accuracy of determining LTHR with HRV/HR versus the lab bloodwork, but there is certainly some level of standard error within everything they suggest.

I enjoy looking at the information (obviously I have some level of insanity for posting about this stuff on a Garmin forum), and am interested to see how accurate things shake out.  I'm now 6 full months into pretty religiously training 5x a week for a half marathon that's coming up in May using a HR based 80/20 plan.  Garmin shows my Half suggestion at 1:50:18, Runalyze has the prognosis at 1:55:18, and Stryd's race calculator at 100% of CP says 1:50 (they at least throw in a +/- 3 min).  I think Garmin and Stryd are closer to accurate at this point.

• Thank you all for your comments, we definitely read them and are aware of the on-going concern. We are still planning on releasing a fix in an upcoming Beta. We will make sure and announce when it is available on here. 

• Great! I know this is a 955-thread but i just wanted to add that I really hope this fix will make it to the 945 LTE also.

• ...and the 255. It affects a whole bunch of watches...