This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• I have the same Problem with 14.20, just coming back from a 4x1km training.

After have trouble with the autodection of the FTP (which still does not seem to work properly - again I do not get any updates) this is the second big fail of a „professional triathlet watch“… Garmin, this is not making us happy Grimacing

• And:

1. yes

2. yes

3. Germany

• Noticed this recently too.  My last auto detected Lactate Threshold  was in January, after being sick. 
    I’ve improved significantly since then, however, it remains unchanged as does my VO2 max ( recorded a new 2nd fastest 10k time last week too)

Training Peaks estimates 4:29 (which feels closer based on historical performance )

(14.20) I always run with HRM-PRO

• The LTHR auto detection bug is claimed to be fixed in FW 15.09 Beta.

Changelog:

• Fixes an issue that could prevent lactate threshold heart rate auto-detection from working correctly.

https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/forerunner-955-series/f/announcements/329256/forerunner-955-series-beta-15-09-important-update-in-notes

• Well, I DID notice a new lactate threshold pace dot in my LTHR graph after my run today with 15.09 beta (5x5 minutes@Z4 with 1 minute rest). Didn't get an update on the watch, but it is the same value as the previous time so that could make sense.

In the connect app I see also a heartrate something though, which isn't visible in connect on the web... Will keep an eye on it, won't be doing too many intervals the coming weeks though due to marathon coming up.

• I have a new lactate threshold pace dot also in my LTHR graph after upgrading to 15.09 beta even after I did no running. Well, in fact I recorded a running activity, but it was just a test one, did not actually run anywhere, it lasted 30s and was deleted immediately.
    But it seems promising and I hope I won't regret for being an early adopter here Slight smile

• Similar.  I see a dot for the Pace (oddly enough, on yesterday's tempo run which was on 14.20).  I've got a 50 min fartlek tomorrow so will see if anything autodetects there.

• lol...

First fix for lthr updates not being synced: STOP GIVING UPDATES

Second fix for nothing being synced: GIVE UPDATES ANYTIME ALL TIME BASED ON RANDOM NR GENERATOR

Nah, lets see how this pans out... I think LTHR is recorded in the fit time anyway so it makes sense to plot the same on if things haven't changed, even just for continuity of the graph.

• All, 

As I'm sure you've seen, we have a fix for this in Beta 15.09. Please see Enrolling in and Learning About Garmin Beta Software Program for instructions to enroll. 

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread so no new bugs are lost. If you have any bugs with Beta, please report them HERE

If the Beta software update is not automatically pushed to your device once you are enrolled, you can go to your Forerunner's Menu > Settings > System > Software Updates > Check for Updates. This will allow you to check for and manually pull the most recent software release to your device. This will require your Forerunner to be connected to a WiFi network.

Thanks again for all of your patience as we investigated this!