This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• I've emailed garmin support today.. I've not had a lactate update since I received the watch in September! 

• This is just so sad…basic functionality for a running watch that has not worked properly at *any* point since release. First the data would not show up in Connect, and now it is not even updated by the watch. What a disappointment these new FR watches have been…

• Did a guided test today and the watch detected a new threshold, that was correctly uploaded to GC as well. Before that, I hadn't received a single LT update since buying the FR955 in august. FW 14.15
    Now I have to see if the indoor bike FTP bug is also fixed.

• What do you mean by fixed? There is no indication that the watch will actually report a new lactate threshold by itself, outside of a guided test. The problem still remains.

• Did it change to the correct value on the watch as well? For me, it doesn't update LTHR on my watch correctly after the test and then the watch LTHR is out of sync with GC LTHR.

• Well, did another intensive interval today (6x1k@3:30 pace with 1:30 rest) and nothing... synced by cable this time as that would work in the past when syncing over bluetooth/wifi didn't work but nope.

Of course also ddin't get an update on the watch itself so could've know... freaking mess.

Will do a guided test as soon as it suits, perhaps that will trigger something but other then that it seems broken here.

• Yes, the watch now displays the detected threshold HR and the pace. Previously it was only showing the HR, no pace.
    But yeah, I need to see whether it detects a new threshold from an interval or tempo session. Probably gonna test it next week.

• This is a basic functionality problem in a premium watch that has existed since the release in one form or another. Shame on you Garmin! This should have been taken care of a long time ago by a dedicated task force. If a team of halway competent developers focused on the problem I reckon they could solve (and test!) it within a week or so. 

Instead, it has been left lingering for months now. And the half-a***d solution introduced some weeks go just made everything even worse. 

• No LTH updates since 23rd of December. Current data is not correct anymore. Daily suggestions give several LTH trainings sessions at a pace where my HR is not even close to my LT.

• This morning I did the LTH guided test, the threshold was correctly detected. During the next week I have training sessions at LTH values I'll see if the LTH autodetection works.