This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No more LTH (Auto Detect)?!

So, Garmin solved the problem with LTH simply by not recording anymore LTH?!

I had no more LTH since 10 days....

• any timeline when this will be fixed?

• I have runs where I've been in Zone 4 or above for 40% of the run, and the watch has classed it as Tempo.

However, I have ones where there has been a similar proportion in Z4+ and it's classed it as Threshold. (But no LTT update occurred.)

Having been contacted by over the weekend about this, I know they're looking into it.

• Would be interested as well in an update to this? Is there any chance it'll be fixed soon?

• Yes, I realize I messed it up a bit. In addition to threshold running, it can also be pace or Vo²max, etc. All easier runs will be classified as basic.

• We are very aware of this and are actively working towards a fix. I do not have a timeline for anything yet, but we greatly appreciate your patience with us and apologize for the disruption.

• Ok, but now are nearly 2 months since the problem appeared. At january 25th LTH detection worked well, find software version of that day and reuse it. Problem solved

• I bought the watch in June. Does it seem normal to you that after 8 months the watch has all these problems? I bought the watch to run and not to waste my time. You should at least make an official statement on how to compensate users. there's no way people paid to be testers. the touch screen works when he decides it, you can't navigate to a saved position, it doesn't detect the anaerobic threshold and consequently all the metrics are unusable, the workouts on the track don't work, if I sleep in the afternoon it doesn't detect my sleep at night etc. etc Do you realize how you are treating users? 

• All,

Thank you for your participation in this thread. We've analyzed some of the activity files that you suspect should have achieved a new Lactate Threshold and have seen that some of the activities in question did indeed achieve a new Lactate Threshold, but were not properly prompted after the activity. However, some of the activities did not meet the necessary criteria to detect a new Lactate Threshold. This is likely due to one (or both) of the scenarios below:

1. The activity does not gather enough data from each pace/heart rate intensity mentioned in the "How Does It Work?" section of the article below:
      • Firstbeat Analytics: Lactate Threshold
      • This could be because you start off the activity in HR Zone 3, then move to HR zones 4, and 5. While those require an intense effort, you show no data from Zones 1 and/or 2, which is required.
    2. You either manually set, or had an extremely intense effort and achieved a Max HR that was too high for 'safe' training, and your watch is set to use heart rate zones based on a % of Max HR. This can skew the values used in your heart rate zones.

Please know, there are a few different things going on here and we will update you accordingly as things are presented. For now, when you feel there should be a new LTH detected, go ahead and complete a guided test, since that feature is working as designed.

For best results, we recommend that you change your heart rate zones to be based on a % of Lactate Threshold, complete a Guided Lactate Threshold Test and making no further changes to your heart rate zones.  If you feel that your training has advanced enough where you suspect that there should have been a new Lactate Threshold detected and we have not yet rolled out a fix targeting this disruption, go ahead and perform a new Lactate Threshold Guided Test.

• I have no auto detection of lth so i did perform Lactate Threshold Guided Test yesterday and I get prompt "no treshold detected". I also contacted my garmin support on march 9th and they did not answer me. This is sad for me, as a many year garmin-user.