This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

More FW rev 13.22 Battery Weirdness

So I started seeing excessive battery drain when I upgraded from 13.15 to 13.21 (see this post) and thought that 13.22 fixed it as I saw the battery drain return to 4-5%/day in smartwatch mode. That was Thursday 12/1. Last night  I noticed the battery had drained more than I thought it should have (3% vs 1-2% for the same time) but thought nothing of it. However this afternoon I checked the battery and am now seeing about a 1% drop every 1.5-2 hours. 

I don't expect the battery's discharge rate to be linear (currently at 55%). But that kind of jump is crazy!

So I have hard reset the 955 in hopes that whatever was running in the background has stopped. Will update this thread in a few hours.

• you are right, the watch is very much functional. So in general it works well. And you and I could even survive to charge it every day or so. But still, in that case I could have bought any other product. 

• Same for me since I bought the watch 3 months ago, it last one week when there are no strange battery drain. With them can least a few days Disappointed It can lost even 30% in a night... but it's a while it dosen't happen, hope it remain like that Fingers crossed

• Charged it last night and in about 14 hours went from 81% (charged till 79%, disconnected and it was showing 81%???!!!) and now I am still at 79%

I don't know what to think about it, mind of its own.

• UPDATE 3: I turned off the touch screen (Systems -> Touch -> General Use -> "Touch off") and wore my watch the last 24 hours (no activities, no other config changes from my prev messages): Only 3% battery loss. My mind is blown. This is much more in-line with what I'd expect. Not sure if it was a fluke or not. Will do some more testing...

• If you are interested, I'm posting my experiences in this thread and, like you, I usually have 3% consumption every day. Also with the touch screen disabled (along with more options that I detail).

I'm at 25% battery, and it's been 16 days since I fully charged the smartwatch.

Still, I couldn't say for sure that it's only thanks to disabling the touchscreen, but hopefully we'll find a pattern....

• I disable touch during sleep and activity only.

Disabling touch completely means you have to rely more on the buttons.

That means the buttons will wear out at a much faster rate.

• DPSK, be honest. So far, all previous models before FR955 / Fenix 7 relied purely on buttons, as there was no touch screen. I don't know about any complaints that the buttons would wear out and the watch had become unusable because of this.  

Mushy or double-clicking buttons - OK, there are issues with that, but definitely it is not a wear-out issue.

• Totally agree with you.

• TBH, I wish we could disable the touch screen during sleep mode, not just lock the screen. I have been wondering if this is where battery drain goes from 1-5%... I imagine it only takes a little perspiration on the sheets for the watch to think someone is trying to do something with the touchscreen. No sense in having it on when I am sleeping...

• I think this is basic mechanical knowledge.

The buttons spring action have a certain number of life span counts.

The more times you press, the faster it will reach end of lifespan.

I had the 945 for a solid 3 years. Towards the end of use, the buttons are less "springy". I need to press harder.