This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

More FW rev 13.22 Battery Weirdness

So I started seeing excessive battery drain when I upgraded from 13.15 to 13.21 (see this post) and thought that 13.22 fixed it as I saw the battery drain return to 4-5%/day in smartwatch mode. That was Thursday 12/1. Last night  I noticed the battery had drained more than I thought it should have (3% vs 1-2% for the same time) but thought nothing of it. However this afternoon I checked the battery and am now seeing about a 1% drop every 1.5-2 hours. 

I don't expect the battery's discharge rate to be linear (currently at 55%). But that kind of jump is crazy!

So I have hard reset the 955 in hopes that whatever was running in the background has stopped. Will update this thread in a few hours.

• Stessa cosa, notevole consumo di batteria subito (fw 12.27 e ora 13.22) tanto che pensavo fosse un problema di batteria da mandare in assistenza ma poi leggendo sul forum sembra essere un problema comune. Il mio 955 solar consuma circa il 15% al ​​giorno configurazione: watchface con lancette analogiche e lancetta dei secondi, no bt, no wi-fi, no retroilluminazione, no spo2, sì rilevamento ottico della frequenza cardiaca, un'ora di attività gps (in esecuzione) al giorno con tutti i satelliti (no satiq, no multibanda + multifrequenza). Sono molto deluso. Spero sia un problema di sw e non di batteria hw (scusate il mio inglese ho usato un traduttore)

• So have all of you tried to perform Hard resets after you see the consumption go up? When I do, It seems to temporarily fix the problem. But eventually, the battery drain starts to creep up as the week goes on.

Again, I only really see this high drain issue during watch mode (i.e. in between activities)

After reading all the people that have turned everything off makes me feel that just turning off wifi isn't going to help much.

After charging this weekend. I'll perform a hard reset and see if things, again, improve. even if only temporarily. At least it will be another data point.

• i'm seeing the same behaviour. had not noticed it until update to 13.21 and now still bad on 13.22

• I confirm the same issue with 13.22. About 10-12% of battery drain per day without activities and even with bluetooth turned off. On 13.15 it was 6-7% per day.

• It's happening me too. Less than a week last between two recharging.

• I have just tested the earphones (Jabra Elite 4 Active) for a minute, then tuned off earphones off both itself and on the watch, get back to airplane mode and noticed I lost 5% battery in an hour. Now I turned the watch off and on again. Getting annoyed with these battery (and altitude) issues almost half an year after the purchase.

• Same, frustrating that it's fine one update then breaks again next time round. I can make do with it but it's far from ideal and does make me worried about how well it will perform in a 6-8 hour all-out ultra or something...

• Still the same, 10-12% a day without activities. Same settings as before.

• Also experiencing battery drain since installing 13.22. Just charged it last week Thursday morning, went for one bike ride on Saturday and only have 23% battery left. That's about 16% per day with one activity since charge! Normally I have to charge it every 1.5 week. Hopefully this is being fixed soon