This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 255 Series and 955 Series: Cannot edit heart rate zones percentages

Since I got my 955, I cannot edit the percentages of heart rate zones. It allow me to enter a value but never saved.

Same behavior from the watch, and from Garmin Connect mobile.

Anybody else with same behavior ?

Thanks.

• Sure. Lucky YOU :). But for "only" one activities there are many other options- cheapest and with less "tamdaradam!!!" marketing tricks. As you say - It's tough. And sad.

Cheers

• That a leading company like garmin takes more than two months to fix something that is essential for the use of a high-end sports watch, is not correct, it gives a very bad image. Other newer companies like coros is a wonder how they update and how well it works all the part related to running (detection of threshold pace, heart rate, native training by power both from the watch itself and from stryd, training by pace zones that Garmin still does not have it, etc).

I went back to garmin because I like all the health, stress, body battery, hrv, etc, but these basic problems, the time they are taking to fix it and the little information they give, is not worthy of a great company. It is normal that we are angry. It's 650€ for a faulty product (defective).

• Ive tried that but maybe Im doing it wrong . I want to customise each HR Zone with the below so Im going into Device > User profile > Heart Rate Zone > Zones> and setting them in there based on BPM & then Synch  , Ive done this about 10 times but it always ends up changing back to % of heart rate , rater than the "BPM" option  ive chosen 

Z1: 110-140
    Z2: 141-152
    Z3: 153-160
    Z4: 161-171
    Z5: 172-200

• Mine also goes back to % HR, but when I change it to BPM, the values I put in there remain, so I know they've saved.  They also are reported correctly in my activity stats.

The "Based On" setting is I think irrelevant - it just gives you different ways of entering and displaying the zones.

• Mine also reverts back to %HR after i have started an aciticity, even though its set to "based on bpm". Another bugg i guess

• But are the values correct when you change back to BPM?

• but shouldn’t the values be correct thou then when I do an activity. This is my run this morning and the BPM in each zone isn’t what I set them to be Weary

• So the only real bug is this control not keeping track of your preference.  There's nothing really stopping the editing of the default HR zone.

• Have you deleted all of your sport-specific HR zones?

This is how my HR zone screen looks.