This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 255 Series and 955 Series: Cannot edit heart rate zones percentages

Since I got my 955, I cannot edit the percentages of heart rate zones. It allow me to enter a value but never saved.

Same behavior from the watch, and from Garmin Connect mobile.

Anybody else with same behavior ?

Thanks.

• I saw there was a beta software program available for both FR255 and FR955. Anyone join the beta yet to see if this is perhaps resolved (assuming a beta firmware is available)?

• No beta available yet.

• Yes, well I’ve been able to sign up for the Beta program on Garmin Connect on the web so something must be on the way!

• To be fair, it seems that it's paying customers who are beta testing for Garmin. Bugs like that would have been caught, if someone planed a basic test fase :-(

• Same problem here. Need to be fixed asap!

• .. we need this fixed … it’s madness it’s still a problem especially given it’s a brand new watch and it’s not cheap 

• If you only do one sport, try deleting all of the sport specific HR zones and just use the default. This worked me me. I’m able to edit and the post-activity stats are correct. 

• As DC Rainmaker, highly regarded by me for his blog as a whole, have been written:

"The Forerunner 255 is now a multisport triathlon watch. Sure, it’s also a running watch, but it can now swim/bike/run with the best of them, including featuring Garmin’s high-end multi-band/dual-frequency GPS chipset. This is the lowest priced watch we’ve seen on the market from any company to have this feature, while also becoming Garmin’s lowest priced full multisport watch."

I've bought FR255 exactly for the reason above. I mean - THREE ACTIVITIES. Heart rate zones, indvidually set for at least those THREE base activities were crucial in my decision process while buying this crap. AND after over two months of waiting for GARMINS' ANY move in the matter I think I'm coming to the very end of adventure with that ... manufacturer. Sad, but seems to be the truth in short time. I don't have time to support someone who does't care about me. I mean - the CUSTOMER

• Yeah, that's tough.  I reported this issue within days of getting my 955 (at launch), as I'm sure many other users have done.  I didn't get anywhere with my support ticket because I'm using a Beta iOS on my iPhone.  I was really hoping there would be a fix for this issue by now.

Thankfully for me, I only run, so I have a workaround that works for me.  This is really rough for people who (as the watch says it was designed for) multisport athletes.