This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Track Run test

If anybody is curious about the new Track Run app in the latest beta, I got myself down to an actual track and gave it a go.

Here is what I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOzCGeUi_1I

Must say was impressed by the results.

• What GPS settings do you use? Is there infrastructure around wich is disturbing GPS Signal? I had big problems next to a mayor airport in Germany when running in the forest.

In my opinion it looks like GPS is jumping and the algorithm tries to smooth it back onto the track.

• I use the default settings (gps+glonass) but I have used and only gps. Indeed there's an infrastructure (roof) at one side of the stadium. Apparently it's a matter of luck to have good signal all the time during my workout, because sometimes, particularly when I started using track run from the first days, I had perfect tracking till the end of the workout. I must use track run activity in another stadium to test and compare. 

• I'm experiencing the same issue, as you can see in the previous posts... I believe it is something Garmin should investigate and fix..

• I think that Garmin can't do much to fix this issue because it is something to do with satellite signal interference and not so much with software. As BeneGi mentioned in his earlier post, if you have something in the field where you are running that blocks or interfere your gps signal then this impacts the recorded trace of our watch. In conclusion, if you have a bad recorded trace in a stadium in Run activity then you will experiencing the same issues in Track Run activity. These are my assumptions about the issue and i am waiting for other responses.

• The GPS on the 945 SUCKS so I aint suprised the track feature is yet another gimmick. I just want the GPS as good as 935 I thonk ill just sell the 945 and get a 935

• But what does your track look like when you do a normal recording? I mean not using track mode. 

• It looks like this. Some other days it's a bit better than this.

• I just came from my first run using track mode (the actual update, not beta) and I couldn't be more disappointed. It just sucked, period. I don't have issues with GPS, and I've ran millions of times in the same track so I was very surprised that to see normal run app with just GPS is better (by far) than this idiotic track mode (GPS + glonass). I set 400 meters lap and whereas the watch nailed some laps, randomly it was counting 350m laps, moving back the lap line. When I check in the app, sure the lines were near but track was shifted like 50 meters. I will probably will give it a second chance, but like this totally junk.

• Are you here to rant or to discuss. If the later,  either put a link to the acitvity in your rant or a screenshot of the map at least (like above).

• https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5714763584

Of course I came to rant! Also it seems screenshot did not upload properly