This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Track Run test

If anybody is curious about the new Track Run app in the latest beta, I got myself down to an actual track and gave it a go.

Here is what I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOzCGeUi_1I

Must say was impressed by the results.

• I am just after Track Run. It works genius:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5617588158

It draw precisly stadium track shape and count exactly 400m pro each lap.. Nice, very nice..

• I know one needs to calibrate a track by starting and stopping an activity of at least two laps to teach the watch what the track is like. Does this mean that every track activity needs to start and stop on the actual track?

Reason for asking is that I typically run from home to the track to warm-up and also run back as part of my cool down. Normally I capture all of this goodness in one activity. I don't really like to have a bunch of separate activities in my overview. So I wonder whether this is possible in Track mode as well, after the watch has learned the track obviously.

• The calibaration must be done only once at each of  track location. 

• Cool, so after calibration the activity can be started off the track as well and it'l recognise when the actual track laps are started? Looking forward to the final release of this feature.

• Not quite sure about that - I have to test it. 

I meant only that first run at each of new location is needed for track calibration. Yesterday I made 3 runs on a stadium track  using the Track Run. The first run make the shape of track as it was before at standard run, but the second run drawn perfectly good shape and counted 400m for each lap. I made exactly 16 stadium laps and got 6400m - not less, not more.

I have to test what will happen when I start off track and after some time I will go on it. I think the Track Run must be started at the saved stadium location to recognize it properly.

• Unfortunately my track run test was not lucky as yours: after a couple of calibrations activities saved, I did my real workout but it seems to dropped out of the track at 10th 400's lap... is it something worth to be investigate for Garmin?

• my watch is in the mail still, is the option to select lane 3 calculating 415m per lap? my local track blocks off lanes 1 & 2. 

• I understand as long as you have done the config run at the track you are heading to you can warm up/down to/from it in Track Run mode and only when you get to the track and starting running round will the Track Run mode really kick in.

• yes as long as you set that lane. I did my config run in lane 5 then used lanes 1, 7 & 8.

• Were you running continuously round the track for those 10 laps or was it 10 intervals of 400m each ?