This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Track Run test

If anybody is curious about the new Track Run app in the latest beta, I got myself down to an actual track and gave it a go.

Here is what I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOzCGeUi_1I

Must say was impressed by the results.

• The track run activity, after some tests from the beginning of the beta release, is not stable and consistent at all. At first, after the calibration, was perfect, and then it began the issues as shows the image. I have tested it with gps+glonass, gps only and with auto 400 m laps as well with manual laps. Today i saw a new beta release 5.15, i haven't tried and tested it yet.

• Sabemos si sería posible la calibración en pistas de 200m? Gracias

• Perhaps it’s the track on the map that’s in the wrong place.

• Which makes me wonder, why wouldn't they let you do the calibration by drawing a map on Garmin Connect, or like selecting couple of spots and then drawing it automatically and then use the GPS coordinates of that. Then it would match the map nicely. And you could do that beforehand even without having ability to do couple of calibration laps.

And there might be reason why that doesn't work, if the data it saves when calibrating contains something more than just coordinates.

Which makes me wonder, has anyone looked at what data does the calibration track contain? I would guess that it's a fit file somewhere eg. GARMIN\TRACKS and some fit tools could convert it to something readable.

• Works very well in my case, despite clouds during my calibration run.

It is very clear that 2 first laps were for calibration and the remaining 4 were spot on. 

My overall distance for 6 laps came at 2408, which, given the initial drifting, is perfect. 

On this track I typically got +50m for every 1km and believe me I run there a lot.

• Good afternoon, is it possible to use the Track Run function if the circle of the stadium is 250 meters. In AutoLap there are only distances of 100, 200, 300, 400 meters .... up to 10 km.
    Is there a chance that the circle will be determined automatically, as well as the experience of testing this function other than 400 meters?

• I can't understand why it's still happening. I ran continuously 10 minutes warm up and then 4x1600 m with 300 m rest and finished with another 10 minutes recovery, all in lane 1 with continuous anticlockwise running. The first 25' 50'' was nailed and then became a disaster without even counting the distance. Any opinion is welcomed.

• Did you calibrate first?

• Yes I did, from the first time according to the protocol, four rounds then save.