This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Consistent single altitude drop during the training sessions

I use ForeRunner 745 and I noticed that for the past 2-3 weeks, unless I'm doing an absolutely flat run (along the beach), during each of the training sessions there is a moment when the altitude suddenly drops 30-100m and then it stays there and it's wrong so I have to recalibrate. I have Auto Calibration on and sensor is set to Auto.

I run with a friend who uses Fenix 6 with the identical settings and there are no problems with their device.

Is that normal? Expected? What should I try to fix it?

• I'm also seeing this. No pauses, I see those sudden (usually) drops in the middle of my runs.

if still needed:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Germany

• Hi Kevin, same issue here. Using 11.60 with my FR 745.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Switzerland

• Happened again today, gps only recording. Yes, yes, Italy

• Garmin seem to have gone quiet on this issue, did a coastal run yesterday with two friends, for most of the run I was 60 meters under water, while another Garmin and Apple watch were above water. Checked my watches barometric pressure readings, and it had recorded a vertical (instant) drop in pressure from 1025 to 1015 during the previous 6 hours. 

Will periodically check my watches height, and I'm either 60 meters above or below my actual height. 

• Garmin seem to have gone quiet on this issue.

Did a coastal run yesterday with two friends, for most of the run I was 60 meters below water, while another Garmin and Apple watch, worn by my friends were correctly above water, at no stage did our runners ever get wet. 

Checked my watches barometric readings, and it showed a instant, vertical drop in pressure from 1025 to 1015 during the previous 6 hrs, normally it shows the gradual increase/decrease in pressure, so to my (non Garmin engineer's) eye it seems the problem is in recording barometric pressure. My local airport did record a gradual drop over a couple of hours in pressure, but not the instant drop. 

• again today, with gps + galileo this time. (yes, yes, italy)

wrong altimeter data shown on a graph from Garmin Connect

• Biggest climb for a while

• Barometric pressure all over the place this afternoon

• Hey Garmin - posting again because I'm now on a new software version, 11.60 (issue started happening when my 745 was on 11.10), and the issue is still occurring. It happened on my last two runs yesterday and today with the same 300-400 foot immediate drop off in elevation. I already sent in my Garmin data but please contact me again if you need more info.

• Thank you all for the updates.  When we have any updates on the reports on the sudden altitude change, I'll be sure to update the thread.