This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Consistent single altitude drop during the training sessions

I use ForeRunner 745 and I noticed that for the past 2-3 weeks, unless I'm doing an absolutely flat run (along the beach), during each of the training sessions there is a moment when the altitude suddenly drops 30-100m and then it stays there and it's wrong so I have to recalibrate. I have Auto Calibration on and sensor is set to Auto.

I run with a friend who uses Fenix 6 with the identical settings and there are no problems with their device.

Is that normal? Expected? What should I try to fix it?

• I'll be honest - it is extremely disappointing to see you asking these questions. The problem clearly has been around since version 11 and since the initial reports dozens if not hundreds of people gave Garmin explicit consent to use their data. One would think that data from Garmin device provide you with all the insights including settings for Altimeter.

• Here is today's result. The device has been restarted twice prior to the activity and the error persists. We need a placement from Garmin, or even a voucher so you can exchange for a 955 and supplement the price difference. This is shameful and does not happen with other brands, even inferior ones like Amazfit. My activities are public and I have already authorized access for monitoring.

• Hi Kevin,

I haven’t made any changes to the defaults for altimeter and barometer. 

Thanks. 

• Dear Kevin, 

I have a default setup. I haven't changed anything. Altimeter Auto Calibration On, Sensor mode Auto.

I have sent all my Garmin files to you last year September as Garmin requested. I am happy to answer all your questions. I want to cooperate so that I can finally have what I have paid for. If you cannot provide that then please, give us a voucher so that we can have another model that works as advertised. Your developers have plenty of time to improve and develop new features for your new models. Please, respect your customers who have paid a considerable amount of money to purchase and use your product with all the features you advertise until this very day. 

I am sorry. My patience is wearing thin since this issue has been persistent for around 9 months now. You had time to flood us with a lot of devices that represent a new generation. Now please, have time for us, your 'old' customers and fix this issue. We have been patient enough. 

Thank you very much.

• We need the device working perfectly. A premium wereable with a persistent, unresolved error. I made my data available, but patience is running out. Brazil has one of the strictest consumer protection laws and, if I do not present a solution, I will file a lawsuit.

1. Did you make any changes to the Altimeter Settings on either watch?  All settings as factory default.  On my 1st watch I did an occasional manual baro & altimeter calibration against a surveyed altitude and a laboratory barometer at work.  Have not done this with my replacement.
      • Do you use Altimeter mode or Baro mode?  Sensor Mode = Auto
    2. Do you use the default settings for the Atlimeter?  Default settings, yes
      • Did you not change anything in the Altimeter's sensor menu?  No changes on my replacement, which recorded sudden altitude changes on 3 of 20 runs since putting it into service on 22 November.
  • All,

Just wanted to post here and let you know that we have not forgotten about you all and are still working on this.  We continue to investigate these reports but we do not expect to have any fixes in our upcoming software release. We appreciate your continued patience as we work through this disruption.