This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Button click quality very bad

From the time I bought my 245 replacing the 235, I noticed that the buttons are very hard to press, produce a very strong "click" sound, they seem to have two levels of pressing, and also the pressing is inconsistent: sometimes it is clicky, sometimes not. In comparison to my old 235, they feel very bad and the quality seems worse. Maybe it has to do with the mechanism for the water ressistance, but still, the feeling is very bad: the watch feels cheap because of that.

Did you notice the same in your device?

• The UP button on my watch is stuck. I just bought the watch a couple of months ago and it has maybe 12 runs on it.

• Have any of you been through something like this with Garmin before? This is my first Garmin device, so I'm not sure how they handle things like this, but are they the kind of company that says, "We changed suppliers and obviously there's a problem, we'll make it right and you'll all get new watches..." or are they the kind of company that tries to pretend nothing is wrong and our sticky-button watches are "anomalies"?

• We just unpacked a replace unit for my sons 245M. The first one was replaced because of buttons being stuck, and weird double push buttons. I just handed the new watch to my son, who bought it for his own savings, and he just looked up and said “it’s the same with this - should it not be better than this dad?”

I’d really like a Garmin official to acknowledge they have a problem and say they will guarantee us fixing it, and then replacing our units.

• I have the same issue just bought the watch 2 days ago. All buttons feel really mushy....

• I have the same issue just bought the watch 2 days ago.

• Yes I am suffering with it too. 

Out of the box the middle right button (up) clicked differently than the rest. It felt wrong and cheap. I had it for three days only and today it got stuck and both the upper and middle buttons are not clicking and weirdly stuck causing almost auto press like actions. 

I will take it back but I am worried that if I take a replacement piece it may have the same issue!! Not sure what to do. 

• Exactly same problem.

I purchased the 245 music just over a month ago and now it’s just dead. I have a black screen and with the light / up & start stop buttons not clicking I’m left without a functioning watch. I’m incredibly frustrated as this is a very expensive watch and I was really sure I was getting a top end watch from a very trustworthy brand. Like others I’m unsure what to do next as I’m sure a replacement would perform the very same. A full refund should be the only option offered to people.

• Fully agree. That is what such recognised company like Garmin should do to maintain their reputation and ensure its growing community is satisfied with what they buy instead of switching to competition. 

Very disappointing GARMIN Rage

• Adding my comment on this thread that the Start/Stop button for my 245 watch got completely stuck yesterday. Had to pull it out several times to release it, using my nails. I will contact Support, hoping there is a hardware fix if a replacement model is issued. Had many Garmin watches for over a decade, this is the first where a button gets stuck like this.

• Darn! So disappointed to find this thread! Same issue with my start/ stop button. Was really hoping it was a defective unit but it sounds like it’s a product flaw. Traded Fitbit for Garmin thinking it was a more solid product. Hopefully Garmin can find a solution! $300 is a lot for a watch with design flaws!