This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.4Ghz Wifi 0200 error

Hi,

I try to use my 2.4Ghz wifi network for downloading my Spotify play list to my VA4. Despite the Wifi test in the Garmin Connect app succeeds everytime I try to download my play list, a system update or to attempt to connect to my wifi network from within the wifi settings of my VA4 I am getting a wifi 0200 error. I tried to change the wifi mode in my router from mixed to 802.11n, g and b. But that did not help. The ssid is broadcasted and the router that I have is a LinkSys EA8500.

The firmware version of my VA4 is 3.40.

Can someone help me?

Regards,

Chris.

• Same issue! VA4 with 3.50 

• Just called with the Garmin Servicedesk. It is a problem only (or especially) faced in belgium and the netherlands. It has to do with the account verification by spotify through WiFi. For a solution, Garmin is dependent on the cooperation of Spotify. Garmin told me that they hope that there will be an update around the weekend.. but can also take several weeks (cause of the dependence of Spotify..). 

• I doubt that is true. Fact is I'm also from the Netherlands BUT I also got a 0200 error when I tried to perform the FW update on my watch.

And I also get a 0200 WiFi error when I tried to use Runcasts Rolling eyes

• I founded that if you turn off and on the Garmin, the first time you try to use wifi it works properly, then give the error.

• Could be. But I face the problem when searching for WiFi networks. Spotify is not activated yet.

One fact that is true is that the problem happens only in NL (for me)

Currently I'm in Spain and no problems here on the WiFi 

• Hmmm. Okay.. Well maybe we should not give too much value to the explanation of the service desk employee and trust on the software architects :). 

• Thanks for letting us know about the dependency! :) 
    Makes me wonder though... Why does this work on the Vivoactive 3 Music if they need are dependent on Spotify. And if it works on the VA3M by fixing the Spotify dependency in the past, why didn't they fix it for the VA4 before releasing the VA4 

• When I login on my router I can see the connected devices. I've noticed that the Fenix 6 is not one of the connected devices, although I'm able to test the connection successfully via the app. FWIW; I'm living in the Netherlands too, but for me it's not only related to the Spotify sync.

• I can confirm that the problems does not occur on a Spanish WiFI. 

The same watch in the Netherlands does have WiFI problems on different Dutch networks. 

• I don't think it's a spotify problem, deezer has the same 0200 error. 

And when I connect any earbud, I can't manage the volume.