This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.4Ghz Wifi 0200 error

Hi,

I try to use my 2.4Ghz wifi network for downloading my Spotify play list to my VA4. Despite the Wifi test in the Garmin Connect app succeeds everytime I try to download my play list, a system update or to attempt to connect to my wifi network from within the wifi settings of my VA4 I am getting a wifi 0200 error. I tried to change the wifi mode in my router from mixed to 802.11n, g and b. But that did not help. The ssid is broadcasted and the router that I have is a LinkSys EA8500.

The firmware version of my VA4 is 3.40.

Can someone help me?

Regards,

Chris.

• @Garmin-blake, Has anything changed? I've just retested and got a ERR 0100 instead of the good old 0200.

• Same issue here, on top of the issue with VO2 max not updating since V3.50 and on top of a previous issue with Pulse Ox and heart rate not working when pulse Ox is turned on for which I already returned one VA4S to the retailer.

Disappointed with all the bugs and introduction of new issues with every software release

• I happen to be in Belgium today and there the wifi works as intended, both sync and Spotify download, while at home in the Netherlands it does not work...
    Very strange behavior, how can wifi be country specific?

• Hi Jan,

This is puzzling me as well. Are or were you able to compare the different wifi settings?

• 1. Only happens with music.

2. Yes, it only fails to connect when downloading music.

3. Yes, still doesn’t work.

4. Same for both Deezer and Spotify.

Also, having major software issues on a new product that you ask hundreds of € for is one thing. But not even attempting to communicate this to customers or reply proactively is another. Shows a lot about Garmin as a company.

• Hi Loen82, 

wifi settings seem to be the similar. It gets stranger though: I am also able to sync through the personal hotspot function of my phone (iphone X), which did not work when at home in the Netherlands.

I thought it might have to do with the internet connection, but it also syncs through my phone if I have a VPN connection to my home in The Netherlands. 

It seems some bug related to the gps location the watch detects? Or the issue has been solved Former Member?

• Does anyone have experience in GPS spoofing on a Garmin Watch? When inside and outside GPS reach would it depend on your phone's GPS location (which seems spoofable)? If spoofing the GPS location on/for the watch this seems a workaround untill Garmin fixes their stuff (which we could expect for a €300 product).

• Strange but it maybe can give some new insight:

I have been to Spain last week. Before I go I had the described WiFi problems on all of the tested WiFi networks in the Netherlands. In Spain, I could connect (with 3.40) to a Spanish WiFi. From that location, I received the 3.50 update.

Now when I'm back in the Netherlands I'm able to connect to my home WiFi as well (even Spotify works as well):

• Are you able to sync anything via wifi, or dis this error happen when syncing activities and music?
    • When syncing music
    • Have you ever been able to sync on the wifi network that is providing this error?
    • no, only bleutooth
    • Are you able to remove and re-add this network? I am able to
      • If so, does this work? no this does not work