This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• How long will it take to fix this. We have 2 Venu sq 2 music. On both we can’t download or update apps from different iPhones. I‘m from Austria. 

• The opacity with which Garmin deals with these incidents is unsatisfactory. We should know if they have managed to reproduce the problem and, if so, what estimate they have for its resolution.

Because this is not a minor incident that affects a handful of users. It potentially affects every Venu sq2 user!

• Hi,

Any idea when this will be fixed?  This is getting silly. 

Any update as to what Garmin thinks the problem is and a timeline for when they expect to have it resolved? 

I accept Garmin already has customer's money so this is in no way a priority, but it will effect how likely some are to shop garmin in future.

• Best to open a support ticket as recommended here -Post #1774067

Everyone, please open a support ticket through here. You can choose one of the three contact methods at the bottom of the page:

That way you'll get notified regarding the progress and resolution of this issue.

• I've yet to receive any feedback from a human on the support ticket. The issue is fairly simple to reproduce, as evidenced by the users complaints above. 

Any sort of transparency would be appreciated as Garmin has essentially bricked these devices without so much as a comment. 

• I've yet to receive any feedback from a human on the support ticket

If you used email - [email protected], typical wait time is 3 to 5 business days. Weekends and US holidays add more response time. Otherwise, I've gotten almost immediate response using the chat or phone options.

• Sorry to contradict you, but from my point of view it makes no sense to open a ticket with the same problem again and again. At least since some of us are reporting exactly the same problem from different country’s with a new bought or completely reseted device it should be easily to reproduce for Garmin by itself. Btw.: Meanwhile I’ve sendet my logs a second time and I’m involved in two tickets. So I'm actually expecting a statement from Garmin very soon and an officially confirmed bug with a link where we can follow the further progress of this case.

• I bought a new today, and have the same problem

• All,

Thank you for your posts. We have other reports of this as well as all reports that have been made here. A ticket has been escalated to our engineers. Once there is more information, I will update you all here.

• Completely new Venu SQ2 bought today, same issue as described here. Not able to install a single app.