This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• Hi,

Your response is quite appauling to be honest. A daily user figured out the issue and yet garmin themselves as the product owner could not be bothered. Also, should'nt this issue be inheritly resolved as other models dont need these permissions for connect IQ store. Why after your update ONLY this model needs it?

I would like to know the after sales policy? Firstly why was this not properly tested? Why did garmin not bother about it? Why only this model of the watch needs this permission? 

Shouldn't garmin, as a product be based company, be bothered about this?

• Since today I suddenly cannot install any app or watch face Pensive The problem this time exists even if the rights for the IQ App has been granted. Can anybody check this on a Venu Sq2 music too?

• It's not working for me either!

I have a Venu Sq2 Music Edition (v2.64). Checked the IQ Android app and it has Conctact, Location and Storage permissions.

Rebooted the watch and the phone to no avail.

I'm opening a customer support ticket.

• Not working for me either even with the permissions allowed. Venu Sq2 Music Edition

• Can you check which application is queued for update? In my case it is komoot (Rel. 4.7.10 dated 07/05/2024). Has anybody tried to upload a new watch face without using komoot? Or has someone even updated komoot to 4.7.10? As I can read there are further peoples who have unsuccessfully tried this. Maybe this for update queued element is the reason for preventing/blocking the whole update-queue (and subsequently any app-updates)? Any comments to this theory are welcome.

• I factory defaulted everything so the only update in the queue is the connect iq app...

• I neither have Komoot queued nor installed. Still, it's currently not possible to install any app on my Venu Sq2 Music Edition.

Everyone, please open a support ticket through here. You can choose one of the three contact methods at the bottom of the page:

That is the quickest and surest way to get this issue resolved.

• Hi, as you can read the problem is back: Even by using this watch with factory defaults there seems to be no way to install any app on a venue sq2 music watch since 1 or 2 days. This time it doesn’t work to grant the permissions for the IQ app on the phone manually. From my point of view this should be easy to reproduce for garmin, which means saving valuable life time for your customers, your support-teams and subsequently for your distribution-teams by preventing unit returns. Please leave a comment, thank you.

• I have the same issue. Tried everything, both with phone app and PC Garmin Express. Unable to install any app on my Garmin Venu SQ2 Music, please fix it asap!

• All,

I am sorry to hear this disruption has reappeared. We would like to gather some additional information to further assist with this.

• Do we have permission to email you?
    • What country are you based in?
    • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what are the errors?
    • Does this occur when using only mobile data, not WiFi, on the phone?
    • When the update is listed as Queued, if you sync via GCM or Express, is the app updated/installed successfully on the device?
    • When this occurs, is the GCM app running in the background on the Phone?
      • If not, does leaving GCM running resolve the issue?
    • Attach screenshots of the iOS Settings>Connect IQ Store and iOS Settings>Connect app permissions screens showing all permissions are Enabled for both apps
    • Video of the this occurring that shows both the device and phone, as well as the device connection status in both GCM and CIQ and any error messages displayed