This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• New Garmin sq 2 tried to download new watch face but just says queued or can get it to say installing then just returns back to install option nothing seems to allow new watch face to install

Completed following many times 

re installed Garmin Connect Garmin IQ

deleted data and cache for both apps

restarted phone (android)

removed and re-added from blue tooth,  

restarted watch

this item seems to be pants and not worth the effort right now it should be a simple process 

where am I going wrong 

• Same is happening with me. It is frustrating. I might return the watch

• Snap only going to persevere a few more days

• My partner has forerunner 265.. it is downloading on that. I have tried on android and ios and no luck. Done reset, repairing so many times now. No luck. Wasted a whole evening. If a fix comes out in next few days well and good. Else am returning it

• Ditto. Suspect it is another Garmin howler with ConnectIQ and software being unfit for purpose. Tried all the usual, online support ineffective, about to dump Garmin and go elsewhere. Happens too often and support is never useful. 

• Same. I thought what if I could rollback but nope. It does not get detected as a drive either. Cant do anything. Spent too much time on it. Really disappointed. Returning it today. This watch is what I wanted for my bday. Really upset

• I’ve been a happy Venu Sq2 Music Edition user for over a year. However, it appears that something broke in a recent update. I can no longer install apps, despite trying everything I could think of—such as performing a full reset (deleting data and resetting settings) and attempting direct installations from my phone. Perhaps it's something as simple as a server SSL certificate that expired.

I am raising a ticket with Garmin customer support. I recommend that everyone experiencing this issue also open a support ticket before returning the watch. The more people who report the problem, the greater the likelihood that it will be addressed and resolved.

• The problem is v.2.59 caused an issue with VO2 max and this was 4 months ago. Then v2.64 came a month ago and that probably broke it. Means it took them 3 months to fix the old issue and introduced another a month ago? Means this might not get fixed in time anyway unless a hotfix is rolled out.

Tbh, i am returning the watch today/tomorrow. I really wanted this watch cause it fits all my needs but given this issue might not be fixed soon . Also, seeing how the support is, am quite disappointed

• Guys, I believe the issue lies on the server side (the apps repository), not with the watches.

We've only observed user complaints in the last 24 hours. If it were a software problem with the watches, we would have seen complaints for several weeks now. Therefore, I expect it to be resolved by Monday the latest.

• If it was the app server side then all the models should be affected. My partner has forerunner 265 and I was able to install apps on his easily.I have tried connecting mine to ios as well and no difference.