This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• ok, here are my answers:

• Do we have permission to email you? -> Yes
    • What country are you based in? -> Germany
    • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what are the errors? -> No, on the contrary: For are a blink of an eye the process seems to be successful (f.e. after installing a display the settings-button appears for a short moment and switches back again to the install button). For me it looks like a direct rollback after completion. After installing an update for komoot it shows also for a short moment, that every updates are done and short after this the view switches back to the (not installed) update-list.
    • Does this occur when using only mobile data, not WiFi, on the phone? -> yes, the problem occurs also by using a pure mobile connection
    • When the update is listed as Queued, if you sync via GCM or Express, is the app updated/installed successfully on the device? -> No, there is actually no way to update or install something on the watch. Doesn’t matter if you are using GCM or Express. Also an update directly on the watch, which seems to use the bypass via GCM and not directly via WLAN, doesn’t work.
    • When this occurs, is the GCM app running in the background on the Phone? -> I have testet it without success in both ways, usually I keep GCM open in background
      • If not, does leaving GCM running resolve the issue? -> No, as mentioned before
    • Attach screenshots of the iOS Settings>Connect IQ Store and iOS Settings>Connect app permissions screens showing all permissions are Enabled for both apps -> both apps has been granted to all available possibilities (Connect: 9 permissions / IQ: 3 permissions) plus the phone and the watch has been completely rebooted after this. It still doesn’t work after this.
    • Video of the this occurring that shows both the device and phone, as well as the device connection status in both GCM and CIQ and any error messages displayed  -> Maybe someone other can deliver that but believe me: Meanwhile I know how to handle this watch and the necessary steps to update/install something on it.The connection status is always fine and every feedback the process delivers shows, that it was successful. But soon after this there seems a kind of rollback and the process falls back to the possibility to install.
  • Thank you! I've sent you a follow up email.

• Do we have permission to email you? -> Yes
    • What country are you based in? -> Portugal

Although I'm on Android, the behavior I'm experiencing is exactly the same as that described by user 9875405. So you can consider his other answers to be the same as mine.

+

• I’m using android too (Sorry I haven’t mentioned that).

• , have you been able to reproduce the issue?

• Yes, Connect IQ Store will not update from Android app.  It loops then goes back to update.  I cannot install anything else.  Watch has been reset and data deleted and still unable to install Connect IQ Store on the watch.

• My new Venu SQ 2 also doesn't install watch faces or apps after either the latest watch OS update or that Connect IQ app update on the watch.

It was working fine before the latest updates!

Is Garmin fixing this ? Assuming this is a software issue and not hardware as to require warranty replacements!

• Looks like I lost all my Amazon music downloads / had to re-register the app. Also lost all my saved activities on the watch but have them on the Connect android app. The only thing I did was plug into my computer and Gamin Express received a new update.

Really disappointed considering it was working awesome / bug free just a few weeks ago !

• I bought a new Venu SQ 2, and I can't install any watch faces and apps, nor update existing apps. I tried both Connect IQ and Connect Express on the PC and nothing works, I can't install anything. I did a hard reset and nothing changed. I use version 2.64 on IOS 17.4.1 with the Connect and Connect IQ Store app in its latest version. I'm a little frustrated with this problem, I hope we have a solution soon

• Also experiencing this issue. Located in US, on Android, and you may email me - otherwise answers are the same as everyone else is posting. Also my Venu Sq 2 is the standard edition.