How can I turn off the 530 Power Menu? Just want 1-click power down

I don't want to use sleep.

I don't want to use bike alarm.

When I am done with my sync, I just want to hold the power button down for a few seconds and have the device completely power off, like my 510 used to do.

Why is this so hard? While many people hated the touch screen, the buttons are a horrible UI and I really refer the way I would stop a ride and click on the screen to save, it would auto sync and then shut down. This 530, with all of its great new features feels like a real step back.

Parents
  • The buttons are a horrible UI? Can you suggest how else is Garmin supposed to implement some of these functions then? Why did you not get the 830 instead?

I think Sleep is important - not everyone is a boy racer. There'll be times when I will stop (drink, pee, admire the ocean, whistle at the girls) and want to save on battery power but don't want to lose the metrics of the ride....this is where sleep comes in. 

Bike alarm....hmmm.....well lots of cyclist are buying the Garmin just for this feature alone. Whether you like it or not it's already implemented. 

What Garmin implements let no one dismantle. If you're successful at getting Garmin to remove the bike alarm feature please also get them to remove the virtual partner and change the route coloring at the same time. 

When i have to stop the Garmin - i don't mind a few key presses to ensure that i really want to stop it.

Basically i'm OK with the stop button functioning the way it is.

• The buttons are a horrible UI? Can you suggest how else is Garmin supposed to implement some of these functions then? Why did you not get the 830 instead?

I think Sleep is important - not everyone is a boy racer. There'll be times when I will stop (drink, pee, admire the ocean, whistle at the girls) and want to save on battery power but don't want to lose the metrics of the ride....this is where sleep comes in. 

Bike alarm....hmmm.....well lots of cyclist are buying the Garmin just for this feature alone. Whether you like it or not it's already implemented. 

What Garmin implements let no one dismantle. If you're successful at getting Garmin to remove the bike alarm feature please also get them to remove the virtual partner and change the route coloring at the same time. 

When i have to stop the Garmin - i don't mind a few key presses to ensure that i really want to stop it.

Basically i'm OK with the stop button functioning the way it is.

Children
No Data