How can I turn off the 530 Power Menu? Just want 1-click power down

I don't want to use sleep.

I don't want to use bike alarm.

When I am done with my sync, I just want to hold the power button down for a few seconds and have the device completely power off, like my 510 used to do.

Why is this so hard? While many people hated the touch screen, the buttons are a horrible UI and I really refer the way I would stop a ride and click on the screen to save, it would auto sync and then shut down. This 530, with all of its great new features feels like a real step back.

Parents
  • I do agree in principle that full power-down is a better default action for the power button for my uses.  However, with the recent beta software, 5.26, I experience less than 1% per day power loss when in sleep mode.  With this, I don't need to fully power-down the unit anymore between rides.  When I first got my Edge 530 it would lose between 20% and 30% battery per day in sleep mode which was unacceptable, particularly since it defaults to sleep mode when unplugged from the charger meaning it would be flat 3-4 days after charging!

I do still wish that Garmin would implement a full power-down after several days in sleep mode to preserve battery life as long as possible.

• I do agree in principle that full power-down is a better default action for the power button for my uses.  However, with the recent beta software, 5.26, I experience less than 1% per day power loss when in sleep mode.  With this, I don't need to fully power-down the unit anymore between rides.  When I first got my Edge 530 it would lose between 20% and 30% battery per day in sleep mode which was unacceptable, particularly since it defaults to sleep mode when unplugged from the charger meaning it would be flat 3-4 days after charging!

I do still wish that Garmin would implement a full power-down after several days in sleep mode to preserve battery life as long as possible.

Children
No Data