This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I turn off the 530 Power Menu? Just want 1-click power down

I don't want to use sleep.

I don't want to use bike alarm.

When I am done with my sync, I just want to hold the power button down for a few seconds and have the device completely power off, like my 510 used to do.

Why is this so hard? While many people hated the touch screen, the buttons are a horrible UI and I really refer the way I would stop a ride and click on the screen to save, it would auto sync and then shut down. This 530, with all of its great new features feels like a real step back.

• I do agree in principle that full power-down is a better default action for the power button for my uses.  However, with the recent beta software, 5.26, I experience less than 1% per day power loss when in sleep mode.  With this, I don't need to fully power-down the unit anymore between rides.  When I first got my Edge 530 it would lose between 20% and 30% battery per day in sleep mode which was unacceptable, particularly since it defaults to sleep mode when unplugged from the charger meaning it would be flat 3-4 days after charging!

I do still wish that Garmin would implement a full power-down after several days in sleep mode to preserve battery life as long as possible.

• I was just experimenting with this "longer press" of the power button to do a full shut down. I did NOT release the button during my longer press, held it down through the emergency notification prompt... and my wife STILL got an emergency notification. This is unacceptable in my opinion. The unit did completely power down, just not without first sending out the bat signal.

• I just tried this with the same result - I’m sure this was not the case in the past so I can only assume this is a bug that has been introduced in a recent update.  The net result of these ‘false positive’ notices could be a message being ignored in the case of a real accident or SOS request so should be addressed urgently. 

• I just tried it and it turned off properly.