How can I turn off the 530 Power Menu? Just want 1-click power down

I don't want to use sleep.

I don't want to use bike alarm.

When I am done with my sync, I just want to hold the power button down for a few seconds and have the device completely power off, like my 510 used to do.

Why is this so hard? While many people hated the touch screen, the buttons are a horrible UI and I really refer the way I would stop a ride and click on the screen to save, it would auto sync and then shut down. This 530, with all of its great new features feels like a real step back.

Parents
  • Long pressing the power button will power it down.  But if first prompts you if you are in an emergency will send out notification of that if you release during that prompt.  Hold it through that prompt and it will power down.  I'm not sure if that's more convenient or potentially problem-causing than just going through the prompts.

• Long pressing the power button will power it down.  But if first prompts you if you are in an emergency will send out notification of that if you release during that prompt.  Hold it through that prompt and it will power down.  I'm not sure if that's more convenient or potentially problem-causing than just going through the prompts.

Children