How can I turn off the 530 Power Menu? Just want 1-click power down

I don't want to use sleep.

I don't want to use bike alarm.

When I am done with my sync, I just want to hold the power button down for a few seconds and have the device completely power off, like my 510 used to do.

Why is this so hard? While many people hated the touch screen, the buttons are a horrible UI and I really refer the way I would stop a ride and click on the screen to save, it would auto sync and then shut down. This 530, with all of its great new features feels like a real step back.

Parents
  • Oh man, I had the same thoughts about finish the ride, safe the activity and shut down the device. I can not understand why the turn off button does not directly turns off the device, like after pressing the button a few seconds.

Finishing a ride with the 530 leads to the firstbeat metrics and a lot of scrolling pages and confirming, till the device finally shuts down. This experience was much more enjoyable with the 510, which has a awkward touch screen. Not much of a touch screen like the smartphones these days, but hey. Are the buttons really a progress?

The need of both hands to scrolling pages and confirming every single step is equally frustrating  as the painfull amount of steps from stoping the ride to shut down the device.

However once the data  is collected, the software with all its predictions and metrics is a joy. Definitely no need for a third party software, like goldencheetah, garmin summit or others.

Up to now, I would be perfectly happy by rather paying for upgrading my old 510 with the new software feature provided by firstbeat, than switch to the interface that is shipped with the 530.

• Oh man, I had the same thoughts about finish the ride, safe the activity and shut down the device. I can not understand why the turn off button does not directly turns off the device, like after pressing the button a few seconds.

Finishing a ride with the 530 leads to the firstbeat metrics and a lot of scrolling pages and confirming, till the device finally shuts down. This experience was much more enjoyable with the 510, which has a awkward touch screen. Not much of a touch screen like the smartphones these days, but hey. Are the buttons really a progress?

The need of both hands to scrolling pages and confirming every single step is equally frustrating  as the painfull amount of steps from stoping the ride to shut down the device.

However once the data  is collected, the software with all its predictions and metrics is a joy. Definitely no need for a third party software, like goldencheetah, garmin summit or others.

Up to now, I would be perfectly happy by rather paying for upgrading my old 510 with the new software feature provided by firstbeat, than switch to the interface that is shipped with the 530.

Children
No Data