This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sapphire vs non-sapphire reflections

In 6-series there is a huge difference in screen reflections and readability between sapphire(=much worse) and cheaper glass. But the Power Sapphire is genuine new so we need a comparison of reflection on 7-series solar sapphire vs solar non-sapphire. Is there any side-by-side photo of this?

Its a deal breaker for me, I prefer better display readability rather than more resistant sapphire & bigger storage & multiband...

• I had a Fenix 6 Sapphire Non-Solar(for 3years). I was happy, according to my expectations. with the Sapphire glas/reflections/readability 

I traded F6Sap with the Fenix7 Sapphire Solar. And I do not like the screen. The readability is bad compare to F6. 

I would have got a non-solar version, it would have been possible to still keep the sapphire screen. But, in F7 series, all sapphire come, as default, with solar 

• Garmin most expensive flagships are not provided with an a/r coating or even a domed lens

Both fenix 6 and fenix 7 have AR coating.
    The tactix Delta (without solar) has domed glass.

Presumably, TOUCH, solar and domed glass do not work (well) together on smartwatches with li-Ion batteries.

And also the flagships MARQ possess domed glass.

• The Fenix 7x Sapphire doesn't provide a domed lens nor any a/r coating, or at least it is not effective compared to other watches with Sapphire lense and a/r coating. F7xSS screen reflects like a mirror. If there was any decent a/r coating, that would be not the case. Then you could at a first glance hardly tell if there was any lens!

This is fact, and there are no excuses (other than from real fanboys who find excuses for any critics :-)

• Many OEMs (e.g. Citizen)

You obviously want to compare analog watches with smartwatches here. That is not comparable, since analog watches do not have a tranreflective display. Such a rk. comparison with citizen is not possible. Fact.
    There are threads about AR coating. The fenix has AR coating.

This is fact, and there are no excuses (other than from real fanboys who find excuses for any critics :-)

Your statements are not facts (I already proved that to you with my posted screenshots). You are welcome to criticize, but it should be based on facts. 

You are welcome to show me a Citizen smartwatch that has a transreflective display and performs better in this discipline.

• 1. In no respective has the display technology any impact to the optical properties of the lens. Or do your glasses change while looking at transreflective display or analog display? There is a noticeable difference between an a/r coated lens to one without, regardless the display technology.

2. You state, that the Fenix (which?) has a/r coating. I state the F7xSS has none and I founded it. 

This photo proves it very obviously. It shows exactly what I stated about a/r coating.

I wrote, if the F7 has any a/r coating it is much less effective than the one the old FR935/945 provide. Is this the "advancement" the customer can expect from Garmin? It seems so.

• In no respective has the display technology any impact to the optical properties of the lens.

I don't know where you get the idea that a display that reflects the incoming light back out should have no influence on the perception of the human eye.

• This photo proves it very obviously

and both watches have Sapphire crystal ? ;)

• There we get closer to it! 

The optical properties of a lens and the perception of the human eye are two different things. 

Considered absolutely, a transflective display has less contrast to most analog displays. This was never discussed (beside you).

Considered RELATIVELY, an a/r coated lens is much less reflective than a lens without or with a very bad coating. Which is the case with e.g. the F7 on the photo above. Thats the topic most users discuss here, beside some that try to draw it to off-topic.

• It shows the optical effect without and with a/r coating. Its almost the same with Sapphire. Do you need further explanations or did you finally get the point? ;-)

• I had asked you if BOTH watches in the picture have Sapphire crystal.

and both watches have Sapphire crystal ? ;)

If that's not the case, I don't understand the photo. If you like, compare two watches with Sapphire side by side. But don't compare a watch without sapphire against a watch with sapphire. That just doesn't make sense.