This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6 Pro v25.00 Strength Training Restarting

During strength training activities, after the first set, when I press the lap button to complete the set, the watch restarts. After restarting, the watch allows me to resume the activity, but the first set is lost and treated as rest instead of a set. When this happens it also results in the loss of all non-synced HR data prior to the reboot for the day.

Missing HR data

• Update on what I'm seeing here.  I have not yet performed a factory reset but completed a strength activity that didn't crash the watch when pressing the lap button. This is the first non crashed strength activity in about two weeks. The only actions that were different was that I synced the watch before starting, and the watch had close to a full battery charge.

• Hi Chris,

no.. the watch is synced and other than the 1st session of the strength workout nothing gets lost.

• Given the number of reports in the last week, I am going to start directly reaching out to everyone in this thread that is seen above this message.

Several have already directly PM'd me. Thank you.

I am going to work through the thread top to bottom and will send everyone a PM to gather more information. I am putting together a tracking that will be escalated to our engineering team.

• I pinged you in the chat but I am not in this thread, so to be on the safe side I'll write here.

I'll also add some information that might be helpful: because you asked about the OHR not yet synced... it made me think, and I remember that at least the 1st time it happened it was for sure when the BT was disabled on my phone. I'm not sure about the 2nd time, probably then it wasn't disabled and I think also the phone was close enough to be connected during the workout, but I'm not 100% sure.

So today I tried to reproduce and gather data for you. I disabled BT for a few hours, then I started a free strength activity, and tried to make the crash happen. Clicked on lap button, started second set.... but it was all OK.

But, you're "lucky", because I just made a break writing this post and retried again. My BT was still off. Started the free strength workout. This time I did real workout with 20 reps in the 1st set. When I finished the 1st set clicked on the lap button and BLUE TRIANGLE!

After about a minute the triangle was gone and I'm on the screen that I would usually get to when I click stop, and then I can choose: Resume / Save / Resume later / Discard.

When I resume I'm in the REST with black background and about 2 minutes on the rest timer. However unfortunately when I click lap it starts the 1st set and not the 2nd, so the 1st set seems to be lost.

I uploaded the files from the GARMIN folder that were changed in the last half an hour.

• I forgot to answer your question. So after I finished my workout I turned on BT and synced. And indeed: not only the OHR but also steps, body battery, OHR, stress level, floors, respiration. All these are lost (meaning their graph/line in GCM ends today at 17:30, that's the time when I turned off BT for the 2nd time. and I started the strength workout that finally did reproduce the problem at around 23:45. Strangely I do have a dot on each graph at 23:45)

• I have exatcly the same issue with my Fenix 6S. The watch always restarts after the first set on strength training. When the watch has finished resetting, it's loads the same training session back up although the first set hasn't been logged and the watch takes a few minutes to start recording my heart rate. Incredibly annoying!

• I can confirm the same issue with my Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Titanium sapphire watch. After I lap the first set, it just reboots and kills the wrist HR for a couple of mins…

• Hello Chris, when pressing the lap button in a strength workout I get the green triangle and a reload occurs and first set data is lost