This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All Weather Widget Issues - Post Here

If you do not see your weather updating on your Fenix 6 series watch, please try the following steps:

1) Ensure your watch software is fully up to date and your Connect Mobile APP has been updated.

2) Open the Connect Mobile APP and sync your watch

3) Power your smartphone off and on

4) Power your watch off and on

If still an issue:

5) Step outside and acquire GPS with any outdoor activity

6) Hard Reset - with your watch on, hold down your power button until it shuts off (you will not lose any settings with this reset)

- Also, on all iPhones, due to how iOS works with the GCM APP, you must leave the Garmin Connect Mobile APP open on your phone to remain updated. This does not require you leave your phone unlocked or the APP running in the foreground. When you first sync each day, leave the GCM APP in the background in suspend with all of the other items you have on your smartphone. Do not force close it out.

Your smartphone settings are also an impact:

1. Open the Garmin Connect app
  2. Select   (upper left corner)
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select App Permissions
  5. Ensure Location is ON.  If not, select Manage (right side in blue)
  6. Select Permissions
  7. Enable Location
  8. Tap the back arrow at the top left to back out and save these settings
  9. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

NOTE: For optimal performance of the Garmin Connect app, ensure that all permission settings are set to on and location set to always for the Connect APP.

Apple

1. Open the Settings menu on the phone
  2. Select Privacy
  3. Select Location Services
  4. Toggle on if needed
  5. Select Connect from the list of apps on the Location Services screen
  6. Ensure ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS is set to Always
  7. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

Here is our Support Center article for the Weather Widget - The Weather Widget is Not Displaying

For me personally and those I have reached out to, on our Fenix 6 watches, if we do not see the weather updated, we sync through the GCM APP and typically within 30-90 seconds, it will update and show the temperature properly again.

• Weather widget updating randomly. 

Sometimes it updates, other times it doesn’t. At the time I’m writing this the weather widget it’s stuck at 6am in Bozeman, MT while I’m sitting in Aspen, CO and it’s 2:50pm now. And yes, location services are on for GCM, I did the sync several times, even thru the watch itself but it doesn’t update. And yes... I started an activity to make sure also the watch got a GPS lock. No update. To me the Garmin weather widget sucks. I love the watch but honestly my Polar Grit X doesn’t have any problem in updating weather at all the times I sync and on top of that it shows the location of the weather. I don’t know why the Fenix 6 shows a time stamp only and no location...

• Does this work for anyone at present? After following the advice above by it works initially but then reverts back to 'waiting for data' indefinitely. I am using an iPhone on iOS14.0.1 and firmware 11.75. Thanks 

• I've having some problems too with lasts versions that not happens befoure, but I'm using Android. The problem is that Garmin Connect lock the GPS Signal of the phone. Befoure this behavior it used the GPS and released it. The problem locking the GPS is the power usage of phone. Now it not release the use until I force a close manually. When I force a close in app Garmin Connect the simbol that indicates the use of gps dissappear in screen.

• Have you re established your position via gps as new firmware?

I had the same issue until I ran maps for around 15 minutes to update the almanac. 

• I am using an iPhone X and 14.0.1, I see the weather updates randomly but most of the times I can force an updated if I start an activity just to get GPS lock on, while at the same time with the iPhone I force a sync. It solves the problem most of the times but it shows also that the weather widget it’s basically useless, because if I have to start an activity, get a GPS signal and sync, it’s much easier and faster if I just check the weather on the iPhone itself. Once again Garmin proved that all the bells and whistles they loaded on the F6 are there just to spec the device and show it’s loaded with a lot of features, but in reality most of these features don’t have any practical purpose. After all, if we really need to know how’s the weather, the last thing we do is checking it on a Garmin Fenix 6...

• Well for me on 11.76 this 'feature' simply does not work. Follow the guidelines and it will work for 1 sync and then it goes back to 'waiting for data' indefinitely. I have uninstalled the widget as its simply useless. 

• I had to make 'hard reset' for it to work on the official 11.10. Otherwise I had the same problems.

• Do you mean factory reset or just reboot the watch?

• Factory reset, unfortunately.

• Is there an official explanation of the values displayed in the widget - could not find anywhere? Does the „big“ number in the upper left state the actual or „feels like“ temperature? I have seen different layouts on the Internet. Mine temp seems always to be one hour behind. Now it shows 20, even though it supposed to be 16. I cannot rely on it and I need the correct value when sailing on a boat.