This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All Weather Widget Issues - Post Here

If you do not see your weather updating on your Fenix 6 series watch, please try the following steps:

1) Ensure your watch software is fully up to date and your Connect Mobile APP has been updated.

2) Open the Connect Mobile APP and sync your watch

3) Power your smartphone off and on

4) Power your watch off and on

If still an issue:

5) Step outside and acquire GPS with any outdoor activity

6) Hard Reset - with your watch on, hold down your power button until it shuts off (you will not lose any settings with this reset)

- Also, on all iPhones, due to how iOS works with the GCM APP, you must leave the Garmin Connect Mobile APP open on your phone to remain updated. This does not require you leave your phone unlocked or the APP running in the foreground. When you first sync each day, leave the GCM APP in the background in suspend with all of the other items you have on your smartphone. Do not force close it out.

Your smartphone settings are also an impact:

1. Open the Garmin Connect app
  2. Select   (upper left corner)
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select App Permissions
  5. Ensure Location is ON.  If not, select Manage (right side in blue)
  6. Select Permissions
  7. Enable Location
  8. Tap the back arrow at the top left to back out and save these settings
  9. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

NOTE: For optimal performance of the Garmin Connect app, ensure that all permission settings are set to on and location set to always for the Connect APP.

Apple

1. Open the Settings menu on the phone
  2. Select Privacy
  3. Select Location Services
  4. Toggle on if needed
  5. Select Connect from the list of apps on the Location Services screen
  6. Ensure ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS is set to Always
  7. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

Here is our Support Center article for the Weather Widget - The Weather Widget is Not Displaying

For me personally and those I have reached out to, on our Fenix 6 watches, if we do not see the weather updated, we sync through the GCM APP and typically within 30-90 seconds, it will update and show the temperature properly again.

• Hi

I have had issues with weather since?? Fenix 5/5x/6x Pro/6x Pro Solar - and still have issues.

My windspeed is rarely correct. Right now it shows 236 km/h and it does that most of the time.

I have reported it several times but no response from anyone. 

It has been the same across several iPhones and OS's at least since iOS 9? 

So I have practically given up on getting it fixed.

The funny thing:

My Edge 1030 shows correct wind speed

My kids Vivoactive 4s's show correct wind speed

Just my top of the line F6x Pro Solar do most of the time show 236 km/h.

I think someone is doing some conversion wrong - maybe "." vs "," ? 

• Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Please send me a Private Message. I need to reach out to you directly to gather what is needed for the report I will be writing to have our engineers research further.

• sorry this new forum is not the most intuitive to find ones way around.

• The WW updates when you close out GCM and then reopen it (iOS). 

Would be nice to have an option to refresh the data at a 15min, 30min or 1hr option.

• Don't know if this is a bug or feature, but I'm unable to check weather in the widget if Airplane Mode is enabled.

I can check weather if phone is out of range, I can check weather even if phone is off - but if I put the watch in the airplane mode weather info in the widget is not available. I get crossed out cloud and message "Airplane Mode Enabled".

• sorry this new forum is not the most intuitive to find ones way around.

Hover your mouse over 's name then select "Send a private message"

• The weather widget APP pulls the weather data across the internet being provided by your smartphone only. If at any point you have your watch disconnected from your smartphone or your smartphone is not connected to your cellular internet or a Wi-Fi network, there is not a means for the Connect Mobile APP to update the weather widget APP on your watch.

In a situation where you need the ambient temperature but have no internet through your smartphone, or if the closest weather station sending data to your watch is not close enough, you can remove your watch from your wrist and use the temperature sensor built into it to get an accurate reading for where you are at in the temperature widget.

• My weather widget does update throughout the day without me doing anything (I am always connected to my phone), and it is always accurate, but I am wondering how often it is supposed to update.  Mine will go well over an hour or more before it updates again.  Just wondering what the normal amount of time is between updates.  And sometimes it will say "Waiting for data" even though it is connected to my phone.

• The current weather is shifted back by one hour. The reason is, in my opinion, that it does not calculate the difference between summer and winter time! So at 8 o'clock I see a current weather on the watch for 7 o'clock and the forecast shows up from 9 o'clock.

• Phone connected, widget showing weather info - no issues:

Phone disconnected (switched off), WiFi on the watch off, widget still showing weather info:

Airplane mode on - cannot open widget, showing airplane mode enabled message: