This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All Weather Widget Issues - Post Here

If you do not see your weather updating on your Fenix 6 series watch, please try the following steps:

1) Ensure your watch software is fully up to date and your Connect Mobile APP has been updated.

2) Open the Connect Mobile APP and sync your watch

3) Power your smartphone off and on

4) Power your watch off and on

If still an issue:

5) Step outside and acquire GPS with any outdoor activity

6) Hard Reset - with your watch on, hold down your power button until it shuts off (you will not lose any settings with this reset)

- Also, on all iPhones, due to how iOS works with the GCM APP, you must leave the Garmin Connect Mobile APP open on your phone to remain updated. This does not require you leave your phone unlocked or the APP running in the foreground. When you first sync each day, leave the GCM APP in the background in suspend with all of the other items you have on your smartphone. Do not force close it out.

Your smartphone settings are also an impact:

1. Open the Garmin Connect app
  2. Select   (upper left corner)
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select App Permissions
  5. Ensure Location is ON.  If not, select Manage (right side in blue)
  6. Select Permissions
  7. Enable Location
  8. Tap the back arrow at the top left to back out and save these settings
  9. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

NOTE: For optimal performance of the Garmin Connect app, ensure that all permission settings are set to on and location set to always for the Connect APP.

Apple

1. Open the Settings menu on the phone
  2. Select Privacy
  3. Select Location Services
  4. Toggle on if needed
  5. Select Connect from the list of apps on the Location Services screen
  6. Ensure ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS is set to Always
  7. Power off and then power back on the Garmin device (where applicable), and sync it through the Garmin Connect app

Here is our Support Center article for the Weather Widget - The Weather Widget is Not Displaying

For me personally and those I have reached out to, on our Fenix 6 watches, if we do not see the weather updated, we sync through the GCM APP and typically within 30-90 seconds, it will update and show the temperature properly again.

• Thanks. Maybe a little too agile sw development process...

• Garmin need to change weather fetching method.

- Garmin use gps location on the phone not garmin devices.

- So, this need GPS permission to always in phone setting. But I have iphone and I never seen any apps which are require always gps access permission. This is rediculous.

- Many CIQ WF provide weather information and they use gps location on device. It just need network connection between weather service provider(like OWM). I think this way is better.

- I know there are many garmin devices which are not have gps. But if the device have GPS, Garmin need to consider change the fetching method.

• i got the message "waitng for data".  i forced the weather widget to get the location by using the watche's GPS (ii used the "save location" feature..

question - the watch will always display the weather from the "saved location" ?

• Android is having the same issue, waiting for data. However, I'm using sw version 9.98 beta.

• The Connect Mobile APP pulls in regional airport weather stations that broadcast across the internet. You may not always be close enough to that location to be spot on. It is a good referencing tool.

• This problem could be easily solved if the GC app provided an option to either use the default airport weather data or choose for example the OpenWeatherMap site with a user-provided api key.

Those who don't care about the weather could still use the current method without setting up anything and advanced users could register an OpenWeatherMap key and would get the proper weather data for their location.

Just my two cents.

• A lot of people think, they get weather exactly for their current position and wondering, why they have such bad weather informations...

So it would be great, if Garmin would add the distance from which you get the information in km/mi into the weather widget (or maybe an additional data page with location/distance of the weather station to the current position). Easy to add, if Garmin is willed.

• Posted the same issue, but anybody seems can't help me to get my weather widget updated. It is at least twenty days that my widget remain in the status "waiting for the data", My GC app workks perfectly synchronize everything except weather and I woulf like to have this thing fixed. It started to do so with beta 9.97 and now with sw 10,still the same

• For all iPhone users:

A weather widget issue started 6/24/2020 after updating to iOS Connect Mobile APP, v4.32.0.30.

The weather widget is not properly updating. It will show "Waiting for Data" or may get stuck on an older weather update and not update, or intermittently update.

Update 6/26/2020:

No further examples are needed. Our engineers are making positive progress on the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

• I do not know what to say, after all those days "waiting for Data"  from yesterday, suddenly it started to synchronize and it seems to work. I checked a few times today, even right now and the widget was sync with correct data.