Battery drain after update to 8.10?

Battery drain after update to 8.10?

Do you have any experiences with the same after update to 8.10? With 6.10 everything was OK.

• Well Allalin72... I'm pretty excited to hear the solution!

The best way to estimate battery drain is to charge your watch to 100% restart it, then check the battery estimate in days remaining.

I've started the treadmill activity with 54% and finished at 46%

did you restart the watch after removing the CIQ`s?

I'm trying to help you find a possible cause for something that I don't have. My watch has no increased battery consumption. And there are other people who say the same thing in other threads. That's why you won't get a solution from me for your specific problem. The best thing is to officially report it to Garmin.

• Hi,

I looked through the posts in this thread and did not see anyone say that they have tried this, so just a suggestion -

Have you tried to drain the watch battery completely dead and then recharge it to 100%?  I had a similar problem as you with an update in the past (although I think it was on my FR945 and not my F6) where after the update the battery drain was terrible.  Letting the watch battery drain completely and recharging it recalibrates the battery meter if I remember correctly. For me, this solved the problem.  In fact, the issue was not that the battery was truly draining unusually fast - just that the battery meter was completely incorrect which is why it needs to drain until it completely dies by itself.

I drained it as fast as possible by enabling backlight at 100% and starting an activity with GPS and a map and leaving it running until it shut itself off.

Hope this helps.

• I've already switched message with @Garmin-Nate, but I'm waiting for reply since 3 days. 

As I see all i can do now is to wait for the next official firmware and hopefully it will solve this problem. If not I'll return my watch in warranty even if I know there is no hardware issue.

I think for this pricetag we are not a test group. This thread has been started 21 days ago and has more than 130 replies, so it not one or two users fiction, but we don't get proper support or even a chance to roll back to 6.10.

---

Thanks ericgottlieb, I can give it a shot. I'll wait till tomorrow night so it will drain completly, and try a full recharge. 

• This thread has been started 21 days ago
    wait for the next official firmware and hopefully it will solve this problem. If not I'll return my watch in warranty

Yes, do it like this.

Do you know that i still waiting for a fix for bad heart rate in 24/7 mode since mid-September, after the problem occurred to me with an FW update.The developers have received my data several times. So far, no solution has come to me. There are many threads for this. Some have the problem. Others don't. What do you want to do?

• Now Garmin-Nate has contacted me in e-mail and I've sent him the files he asked for.

I hope this helps to reveal the reasons of this battery issue.

• Just sent Nate from Garmin the requested files too. I hope they will find the cause of this. I also tried to re-install the normal CIQ and watchfaces I normally use, to see if that would make any difference in the opposite direction. This is not the case, I get practically the same overutilisation with a "clean" watch compared to when CIQ stuff is installed. Last observation; battery drain on a clean watch is not a consistent problem; i sometimes did see the watch have normal power usage. Good luck Nate, hope you find something soon.

• 2 hours cycling, with HR strap and Vector 3s from 40% ->  26%

• Hey guys, I have contacted several of you to gather information and get you added to the case. If there is anyone experiencing this issue that has not been contacted then please send me a private message so I can get you added to the case as well.

If anyone had success with the troubleshooting posted, please let me or the thread know so I can add those details. I will update everyone when I have more information for you.

• My watch has died on its own overnight a couple of times and that hasn't helped in my case. Also, unlike what other people have reported, my watch seems to drain rapidly whether I do a GPS activity or not. It seems to take about 16 hours to discharge from full charge to empty no matter what i do. Things I've tried so far:

1. Soft reset
    2. Allow the battery to fully drain till it goes off by itself and recharge
    3. Un-pair the watch from my phone, remove from Connect IQ, and re-pair