who is satisfied with their Fenix 6

I myself am very satisfied with my Fenix 6 pro.
Also with the heart rate (with or without chest strap) I have no problems and they are identical with the Fenix 5 or Forerunner 945.
Don't understand the problems of the other users. Also Garmin Pay works very well and it's just fun to train with this watch and evaluate the data.

I also used the function with new routes and navigation and it works well.
Since Garmin constantly corrects errors and further develops, the software is always better and honestly said, there is nothing better.
I am curious whether other users think so too.
Thank you very much for your feedback.

• This is my 1st Garmin device

I really hope Garmin fixed the notification/ call so that I am able to read the content in chinese language instead of ????

Else, this is good watch that did not give me much problem

• My f6x is great.

I'm using it for running, gym and sometimes spinning. When running, I almost eveytime follow a course and use the maps. For maps I download openstreetmaps and apply my own typ file. Always when running, I have my V800 and sometimes also the f5x to compare data.

Sensors Polar Hrm H7, H10, Runscribe pods, Tempe and a cadence sensor for spinning. My Hrm run strap.

• GPS is good, better than f5x, but not as good as V800.
    • Elevation tracking is great. Much better than f5x and better than V800. I think it's the continuous calibration that is doing a great job.
    • Pace are super smoothed. For standard running it's ok. Not for intervals.
    • Battery is great. 0,17%/h during night.

I also have it connected to my old Galaxy S7 for notifications and down/uploading routes. Never have problems.

Don't use music or pay (unfortunately).

• Looks like many users aren't using the device to what it is speced to do and therefore "everything" works or due to statistics, they may well have everything working, got lucky. 

The point is that the device should perform to stated specs. 

This isn't a kickstarter project.

• I like the watch but I wonder about the backlight and battery usage. When I navigate through the menus the battery usage is very high. Is it because of the backlight because it turns on with key press (I have set it at 5%) ?

• Is it because of the backlight because it turns on with key press

Why not turn off the function, and going to turn the light on manually only in needed Situations?

• +1 very satisfied user:-)

I tried Suunto9, Instinct, FR945, F5, F5+...etc. Now still 3 months have a F6+pro used for navigation, bike, run, swim. Personally I had the issue with payments only.

• Yes sure. but does it consume so much battery even at 5%? That's the question.

• My F6X Pro Solar arrived yesterday. The first thing I did was to connect to Garmin Express and update everything. This took a while as there were map updates as well as the firmware. 24 hours later it is certainly exceeding my expectations, although weeks spent on this forum did have them set a bit low. Very strong positives are....

1. The display is fantastic. I love the size. Blacks are black. Viewing angles are great. The backlight has only the tiniest hint of colour, and only because I know to look for it. Display and backlight quality was my single biggest fear in ordering the watch as software cannot fix such problems, but mine is fantastic.. The larger display is biggest single reason I upgraded from my 5X+ and I'm happy.

2. GPS accuracy is on par with my venerable Polar V800, the yardstick by which I've judged my subsequent sports watches and GPS devices. No complaints at all. Another big win over my 5X+ and 3HR. Here are the tracks overlaid from a 3.3 km walk today. The 6XPSo and V800 are very tightly linked. The 5XP is the wobbly, drunken track. Click the image to see properly.

Physical metrics from the 6XPSo stack up closely with my 5X+ and V800. Sleep stats are close, as are steps, stress, Pulse-Ox, calories,  floors up/down etc.. Resting heart rate since yesterday is 52 (6XPSo) vs 51 (5XP) vs 51 (Oura Ring) vs 51 (V800 measuring RR intervals through the night with a chest strap).

So, most impressions are neutral or positive, and the positives are in the most crucial areas where I wanted improvements. Otherwise things seem much on a par, but there are also extra features as a bonus, such as Body Battery.

The weak point does seem to be wrist HR for anything more ambitious than walking. The 6XPSo HR widget completely failed to respond to a few minutes of running up and down stairs in a test a few minutes ago, whereas my 5XP showed the HR rising quickly with my breathing. As I shall always wear a chest strap for proper exercise I think this is not a concern for me, but I hope it can be improved going forward.

• The weak point does seem to be wrist HR for anything more ambitious than walking. The 6XPSo HR widget completely failed to respond to a few minutes of running up and down stairs in a test a few minutes ago,

I think that Garmin uses the WHR hardware different while in an activity or not to save battery. A theory might be that the leds is put into power save mode and the polling frequency is different. I find it accurate in running activities and it even respond to intervals.

I'm not sure but perhaps MoveIQ can be used to get better accuracy without starting an activity. Once the watch recognize that you are walking, running or cycling that might change the accuracy. It might take a while for MoveIQ to trigger but it might be worth a try.

• I am more than satisfied.  I am using latest FW and the tables or algorithms that interpret the heart rate sensor outputs.  I measured against my other sensor platforms and the difference is nil.  I fell prey to the vibration "rattle" but Garmin quickly replaced the device and the new one seems fine.