_

Who is still interested about, please switch over : 

forums.garmin.com/.../after-update-to-5-0-whr-is-trash

• OEE: 

OEE is a very simple metric to immediately indicate the current status of a manufacturing process and also a complex tool allowing you to understand the effect of the various issues in the manufacturing process and how they affect the entire process.

OEE = Availability x Performance x Quality

Availability refers to the machine or cell being available for production when scheduled. At the most basic level, when a process is running it is creating value for the end user. When a process is stopped, it's creating a cost with no associated value. Whether it's due to mechanical failure, raw materials or operator issues, the cell or machine is either producing or not producing. By comparing scheduled run time to actual run time, the availability component of OEE allows for a determination of lost production due to down time.

Performance is determined by how much waste is created through running at less than optimal speed. By comparing the actual cycle times against ideal cycle times, OEE allows for a determination of how much production was lost by cycles that did not meet the ideal cycle time.

You see...the OEE has to be as high a possible, the FPY (first pass yield) to. the process has to run. And the hr is high. That effects the active calories, that Garmin has stopped to be calculated right for daytracking with newer firmware’s 

but searching for oil 365 days a years seems to be a harder job. But hard jobs   bringing good money, to buy these crazy devices Smile

By the way. This watch is also useless for commercial agents, as driving a car  is a very complex situation (higher then the RHR) and influence the stress level. Calories burned also gets un precisely but there is  a trick, by creating a „driving“ activity, press the start button, and all is fine Smile But the best way is using the chest strap while doing this.

But instead of talking about any use cases, the question should be why does Garmin started to gets the all day tracking less precisely as it was for everyone who starting to get more active as the RHR, as they lowered the ohr sample rate with newer FW‘s.

• Hi

You wrote "But like others, I fail to see why I'd want to track my heart rate outside of an activity, whether running or cycling. Please, tell me, why would I seek to do this?" What do Garmin say about that " Beyond controlling your performance during your training you can also track your daily activities with 24/7 heartrate monitoring and gain more accurate information on burned calories during the day." Never wrote anything about elevated heart rate of 100+ for 8 hours plus per day. You still dont understand how one can burn maybee 1000-2000 calories more a day through the NEAT factor, some times my resting heart rate is as low as 38 according to Polar H10 and when I am running at stairs my heart rate is maybe 130. I dont know Allain. I am over 50 year male my blood pressure is 109/62, I have a 6 pack, I begun training 1975 (judo) my bodyfat is now 14% as I am bulking and I am not on testosteron or steroids that many are. If my watch shows me that I burn 3500 calories and I eat 3500 calories and my weight is static and my bodyfat does not change then the watch works. So a person that does not train can burn more calories that one that train, so if the not training person is very active during 17 hours a day it can burn up to about 2000 calories more, but one that train, maybe running 30 min maybe burn 300 calories more that day and then be very inactive and just sitting, driving a car, taking the elevator etc + burning maybe 300 calories more that day, lets say 600 calories more one day for the one that train "Non-exercise activity thermogenesis varies widely in a population and by up to 2000 kilocalories day-1 between two individuals of similar size." from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279077/

• A long thread with lots of, not even short, comments, so forgive me if someone has already suggested this.

As a workaround, you can create a custom activity disabling all unnecessary functions and fields, start this activity in the morning and switch back to normal watch mode by long pressing the 'Back' button. When you finish your day, you can discard the activity.

This way you have a better HR reading performance and you can still use your watch with your preferred watch face (if no CIQ app is enabled in your custom activity).

I know it's a workaround and probably inconvenient but hopefully you will only need it temporarily, 

• Thanks MESSNER !!! ThumbsupAs i see, you are the only one -at the moment- who understood what i am talking about. 

• Hi there again :) Do You own a chest strap? I will try to wear my HRM Dual all day and disabled OHR for compassion. Did You tried that? That Way You will have, "on paper", exactly what is going on with Your heart during Your heavy work day. You know, just another proof for telling Garmin WTF.

• What a long post Slight smile It`s amaizing how many people don`t understand the case that @Allain72 is describing and how they are also negatively impacted by this bug. Or I guess, they start an activity every time they climb a few floors of stairs, so their HR readings are correct. Hopefully it will be solved soon. BTW, are you saying that HR readings in activity mode are fine now with FW 5.0? 

• Thanks for your constructive post! One more, who understood what is going on. For me, it is ok in activity mode.

• No prob! I also was noticing that when I play squash, for example, I don`t get more than 106 bpm, while I`m out of breath during games. Never bothered to start an activity to benchmark what will capture in this case, but for sure my actual is much higher. Will give it a try next time and will report back.

• Hello Everyone, 

I've got the same problem with my Fenix 6X pro. 
    4 times per day i take my bike to go to work without starting an activity and my HR report by the watch never goes up 100bpm. I make enough bike during the year (with a HR strap) to know this data is incorect. 

I also have very low HR when i'm doing some ski touring without HR strap but with and activitie started. 

For the moment I haven't already tried the runnig and cycling activities with the OHR sensor...