_

Who is still interested about, please switch over : 

forums.garmin.com/.../after-update-to-5-0-whr-is-trash

• Thanks for posting! Feel free to call support, to get added to the ticket.

• Same problem here. I just didn't a return trip 4km cycle, as an activity on the way there and no activity on the way back (it's a flat route).

Way there: average 118 bpm, max 154.

Way back: average ~80 bpm, max 96.

• I think there are plenty of posts of people that are also saying that are NOT observing the same results.  And since the OP has described some very unique work environment conditions, it could be argued that very few could accurately reproduce that work environment.

Plenty of people here understand thermogensis.  Plenty understand about active and passive caloric burning.   Just like its plainly understood that the amount of calories burned by one individual can be vastly different for another under similar conditions.    

OP has OHRM issues.  We know this from this thread, and all the threads in which the same comments come up.  Its been shared across many threads that a Garmin ticket is open.  Hopefully Garmin will have some update in firmware that will satisfy the small group experiencing such issues, while not impacting that majority that are not having such issues.

I think we can safely agree that the some users are having OHRM issues.  Some are not.   

Beyond that, what else can the thread yield to everyone.   Have we pretty much kicked this dead horse around enough already yet?

• Please read the title carefully. It seems, you don’t read it so. Is it a unique work environment, to stay up at the morning, and brushing your teeth ? It seems, you doesn‘t understand the fact, that all these heartrates OVER the resting HR are NOT correct, due to lower sample rate outside an activity (battery safer) of the sensor. This has a affect of the math, calculating calories, recovery time etc.

Please read about BMR /resting calories and active calories and the way the watch calculates many data at MESSNERs Posts, and just have a look into the users guide. As you voted a comment of one user up, that does say this has something to do with elevated HR, it seems you missed some facts.

As you’re First statement also are said something about windows connection problems, i see no sence about your comments.

That some others here did not noticed this issue already, does not say that it idoesnt exits for them to. Does all these did the test? Do they Really care about it? 

please tell us, if you did the test as in the title already by yourself?

which watch modell and firmware please? 
    thanks for your help.

• Allalin72.  I've provided my make and model so many times, including in this thread above.  We understand.  Do some activity, but dont "start" and activity. Use the garmin widget to see how accurate the HRM is.  We get it.

I DONT HAVE THIS ISSUE.   

What do you want from everyone here?   You've posted the same issue/complaints in dozens of threads.  WE GET IT.  you have issues with your watch. Some others have the same.    Dozens have all said we hope an update comes that will address these concerns.

Perhaps if you want to help garmin isolate more,  consider that its the Garmin HR widget that is flawed.  Within the apps store on garmin there are 1,724 Results for "heart rate widget".    Granted this is across all products, but clearly there will be alternatives to test.   Perhaps if other 3rd party HR widgets work, then more helpful feedback to garmin would isolate the issue to the HR widget.  If all 3rd party HR widgets display they same, then perhaps it suggests what others have already said.  That the non-activity HR sampling interval is not as frequent as suitable for you.  Or the hysteresis in the values is more at fault.

• You forgot the possibility to downgrade to FW 3.10 with sensor hub 2.0 ! At this conditions all works fine.On both devices.

As you refer to the hr widget: broadcast to gcm get same value. 3 Party widgets are coded with the SDK, and every is only as good, as the dev coded it by himself. The code could become unusable after FW update, or using an outdated SDK (IQ! error). Using the build in widget should be the best way. Cheers

• Hr broadcast , same trouble... For the moment, I can't use WHR if I don't start activity.

Waiting for a quick fix!!!

• But like others, I fail to see why I'd want to track my heart rate outside of an activity, whether running or cycling. Please, tell me, why would I seek to do this

Because all metrics are related and body battery, intensity minutes, burned calories, etc. are a complete mess when OHR is around 50-60 beats off during every work-home cycle trip (many hours a week for me). Right now the Fenix6 Pro is (at least for me) a great watch for training, but a worthless activity tracker.

• Yes, thats it. Phils post makes clear, that the isn’t aware how these watches doing their math, to calculate  the different data, a user would like to see for his needs.