This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6 Saphire will not sync with Garmin connect

After the last update to Garmin connect on iOS my Fenix 6 will not sync.  I have to cycle the bluetooth on the phone just to get the watch to show connected and then it has been a losing battle to get the information to actually sync (which it now won't do at all). Id hoped my upgrade from an iPhone X to the iPhone 11 would fix the issue but no change.  Ive had Garmin watches for a long time and realize software issues are part of the game but this is getting ridiculous. On a $1000 watch the most basic functions are now not guaranteed to work.  Very frustrating. 

• I’d suggest restating both your phone and watch. From time to time it seems to lose connectivity even though it shows as being connected. I haven’t notice any specific problem the past few days.

• from monday and on my fenix 6x after puhing the button to saVE the activity it just turns off and restarts.i did the hard reset three times but still nothing...any suggestions?

• This has been an issue for me as well for months - when is Garmin support staff going to step in and help?!

• If you experience any Bluetooth connectivity or syncing issues with the Connect Mobile APP, whether using an Android phone or iOS iPhone, this Support Center article will assist you and help resolve it - Garmin Connect APP Bluetooth Troubleshooting

• Here it is two years later and the problem still hasn't been fixed.  The Garmin phone app simply does not sync the watch.  This has been reported by myself and I don't know how many others, yet it still has not been fixed.  Only GPS will sync the time on the watch properly.  

• I am sorry you are having Bluetooth connectivity issues between your Fenix 6 series watch and smartphone. There are a very large number of Fenix 6 series watches in use worldwide. Despite so many, we do not have an open tracking case for Bluetooth pairing to a smartphone. This means when customers do reach out to Product Support, we are able to resolve the issue and there is no pattern with the current software versions in use.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to Product Support seen at the bottom of this support center article after you have thoroughly reviewed and tried all troubleshooting found in the article - Garmin Connect App Bluetooth Troubleshooting.

There is no reason why your issue cannot be resolved for you unless your watch has a legitimate Bluetooth issue and needs to be exchanged.