This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6 Saphire will not sync with Garmin connect

After the last update to Garmin connect on iOS my Fenix 6 will not sync.  I have to cycle the bluetooth on the phone just to get the watch to show connected and then it has been a losing battle to get the information to actually sync (which it now won't do at all). Id hoped my upgrade from an iPhone X to the iPhone 11 would fix the issue but no change.  Ive had Garmin watches for a long time and realize software issues are part of the game but this is getting ridiculous. On a $1000 watch the most basic functions are now not guaranteed to work.  Very frustrating. 

• Don't keep messing with this... You can spend a LOT of time resetting things, but they will go back to not working.  Garmin-Blake on the IOS forum acknowledged they are working on the problem.   So don't waste a lot of time on this.  It's GCM

• Fix hopefully coming soon. Most of us with iPhone share and feel the pain. Normally turning Bluetooth off and on works usually for me and make sure you swipe up on home screen to close out of GC. Then try again. Sometimes it takes several times doing this to get GC to work. It is a pain right now but the F6 is really a great activity watch. I was getting frustrated doing this in the morning and almost deleted GC when it connected. 

• Unfortunately have same problem, I use Iphone X, please to solve it. Its so bad to try connect your watch with your phone almost 10 times to get right synch of your activities.

• To make things worse, today no matter if I restart phone and watch, it syncs to 50% and just hangs.  I am just using the wifi sync for now and garmin connect for notifications.   2 weeks of this is really testing my nerves. 

No weather to boot.  At least I have my AW5 on my other wrist.  It seems to work  Thinking

• The interesting part of this issue to me, if it's the Garmin Connect App on iOS 13.1.3 then why does my Garmin Edge 1030 still sync activities??  

• Same problem here although I find if you wait 5 minutes it actually syncs. I tried the whole resetting loop but over the last few days haven't bothered and just wait 4-5 minutes and to seems to work. Instant like the good old days would be better though. 

• You just waited and it worked when you tried later? I’m looking for a workaround, I have tried so many thing now over and over and whatever I do it hangs at 50%. I’m a bit sad as this weekend I did my last long run before a upcoming marathon next weekend and really would have like my stats in Strava for proper tapering.

• Today’s Garmin Connect update (for iOS) seems to have fixed the problem for me. Courses, activities and Pace Pro plans are finally syncing.

• I am no expert but when I had this with my F5 I connected the watch to my computer, downloaded the file (fit I think) and imported into Garmin connect and strata manually. 

• What version of GCM is that please, and what OS?

Everyone, please, list OS and version whenever mentioning software.  Details matter, and your details might not fit my platform. Thsnk you.