This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget not updating

Hi all, I’ve received yesterday my fenix 6 pro titanium. 
I’d like to know whether it’s just me or there are some update issue with the weather widget?

Yesterday while setting up for the first time the watch I could get weather widget info.

Todays I cannot get any into although it’s currently connected to my phone (Android) and I even tried to perform a couple of manual sync.

Anuone else?

Thanks in advance

• It's a known issue. Still happening with my watch Fenix 5s. It seemed to start maybe 6 months ago but I usually had a workaround of going into the phone and syncing with the connect app. Now that doesn't even work

• Why don't Garmin admit to a problem and flash it up on here or connect and keep everyone in the picture and up to speed it would save them a lot of hassle and keep customers happy

I'm working with one of their techs on the problem.  He has been able to reproduce it.

1.  do the Cytokrom steps previously posted.

2.  make sure "background app refresh" is ON for Connect.  General>Settings>background app refresh

done those- but I'm still having the issue.  Understand- these issues tend to be caused by Apple, and Garmin is forced to figure out what apple changed and develop workarounds.  

• Not necessarily Apple. There are any number of different weather stations around the world broadcasting information in a number of different ways. Can't be easy to sort out a fix. 

• This little thread didnt resolve anything

• The temperature is now working again on the Fenix 6  this is very strange only problem its 1 degree or so too low so i don't know where its getting its information from in the uk if i new that i could cross check it this could be luck or a secret intervention from Garmin ill come back in a week with a update 

• So, are you suggesting that Garmin collects own data from various weather stations around the world and that the problems are due to data standard issues? I find that highly unlikely. I would guess they use external weather data providers as most other weather apps... Besides, I think we have pretty much established the connection with a Garmin accounts setting (Weathersetting: NO) as a likely cause, potentially triggered by switching off the phone or running out of power (unless there are additional problems as well of course...)

I cannot assess how difficult this is, but considering one-man hobby projects such as Quick Forecast 2 can get it right directly, you must agree it is quite remarkable that this has not been solved by the professional development team at Garmin yet. I guess iOS updates can introduce new issues, but from old threads in this forum it seems like these problems have been going on for years, also for Android users. And the hobby project widget still keeps working despite updated OS...

• Besides, I think we have pretty much established the connection with a Garmin accounts setting (Weathersetting: NO) as a likely cause, potentially triggered by switching off the phone or running out of power (unless there are additional problems as well of course...)

You have mentioned this "Weathersetting: Yes/No" many times, but I am completely unable to find such a setting on my watch, in Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Connect Web.

Please, where can I find this setting?

TIA

• Another user did some impressive detective work and concluded that Garmin uses the closest WMO weather station:

forums.garmin.com/.../929472

It’s a long thread but look for the 7th and 8th postings from the end

And here’s a map with locations of WMO stations:

www.arcgis.com/.../item.html

Unfortunately for me, the closest one is 25 miles away and 2000+ ft in elevation lower, so unusable. It would be nice if they used a source that is more precise (like Dark Sky)

• We have seen issues with iOS 13.2.3 and 13.3. Now that 13.3.1 has been released by Apple, expect a new Connect Mobile APP update to arrive very soon that will resolve the issue again. Thank you for your patience while we go back and forth with iOS 13 changes and bugs, along with our own occasional bugs each time we update the APP to remain compatible with Apple's frequent updates.

• Garmin Connect -> Settings -> App Diagnostics

I have no information on what it means except that mine is set NO and weather does not update for me.