This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget not updating

Hi all, I’ve received yesterday my fenix 6 pro titanium. 
I’d like to know whether it’s just me or there are some update issue with the weather widget?

Yesterday while setting up for the first time the watch I could get weather widget info.

Todays I cannot get any into although it’s currently connected to my phone (Android) and I even tried to perform a couple of manual sync.

Anuone else?

Thanks in advance

• Ok. A potentially hopeful update:

I received a response from Garmin today providing the below step-wise instructions for a fix (freely translated from Swedish...):

1. Open Garmin Connect mobile
    2. Select your unit at the top
    3. Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and select "Remove unit"
    4. Select bluetooth settings on your phone
    5. Remove the Garmin unit (watch) from by selecting "Forget this unit"
    6. Deactivate bluetooth on your phone
    7. Restart your watch and your phone and reactivate bluetooth
    8. Open Garmin Connect Mobile and add your Garmin unit by tapping the three dots in the lower righthand corner and selecting "Add unit"
    9. On your watch, select settings=>Phone=>Pair with phone

If this does not work, you will need to remove and reinstall the app again and repeat the steps in the guide.

I followed all the steps above (including the app reinstall just to be on the safe side...) and got the weather data to refresh. The procedure was pretty straightforward, but I did have to re-add my credit cards to Garmin Pay again, so it is perhaps nothing you wish to do regularly... It is still too early to say that it worked, since an app reinstall previously always gave me a single update of weather data after which it stopped working again. However, the reason I have my hopes up this time is that I checked the app-diagnostics as before, and now the “weatherSetting: NO,” line was updated to “weatherSetting: YES,”.

Trying to pinpoint the issue, I have previously tried all of the steps above before (reinstalling the app, disconnecting bluetooth, restarting phone and watch) except for removing the unit in the Garmin Connect app (steps 2-3 above) and reconnecting it (steps 8-9). My guess is that unit presets (including “weatherSetting: NO,”) is stored on the Garmin account and only by deleting the device from the account and readding it, this setting is corrected and that this would probably be sufficient. (I.e. you may try only steps 2-3 and 8-9 and see if that changes "weatherSetting" from NO to YES in the app diagnostics first if you like...)

I will report back in a couple of days if the fix is persistent...

• Did it this morning and after the reinstalation of the watch the widget started to work again, the temperature this morning was 5 celsius and after a couple of hours it updates to 7 celsius, so far it stills at 7 celsius, but at least as you commented the field weatherSetting now is YES  instead of NO

I will check the rest of the day.

• Software Version 6 is rolling out. Has anybody tested if weather widget has been fixed with this new software version?

• It’s still working fine?

• In my case haven't receive the update yet...I hope this corrects the weather widget and the connection issues...

• Cytokrom's fix has now been working for over 24 hours and continues to update, so I recommend it to everyone.

• Working smoothly!!! 

I've been testing since yesterday and the widget is updated all the time, I reboot my phone and my watch just to test more deeply and it still updates.

• I’ve applied you fix. It’s working right now. Let’s see if it’s permanent. Thanks!!

• Still works for me too. It appears to be more than a temporary fix.

• The watch updated itself during the night to version 6 and the weather has stopped updating. Diagnostics now says "WeatherSetting: NO". Disappointing.