Elevation question

The two elevation profiles below were runs on the same 3 miles of a relatively flat rail trail.  I run this almost every time I run. There's a slight incline on the way out, so a decline on the return.  The first image was from my run today using my Fenix 6S and the second was using my 945 a few weeks ago.  Why is it so choppy with the Fenix and smooth with the 945?  This was my very first run with the Fenix so I have nothing to compare it to.  Just want to confirm there's no problem with it.

Parents
  • Same problem for the MARQ. I did a bike/trailrun/bike session today, logged as different activities. Two of three had jagged altitude curves. In addition, I had the altitude and total ascent/descent on one of the data screens, and it was quite obvious that sampling was highly irregular (up to more than3 minutes for an update) even faulty with decrease in altitude as I actually climbed. Only the slow bike session home had a reasonable altitude curve. In between the activities I once re-started the watch (long press on light button) and twice did a manual altitude calibration using DEM data.

Bike ca 20 minutes (warm up and transport)

Trail 70 minutes

Bike ca 15 minutes (cool down and transport)

• Same problem for the MARQ. I did a bike/trailrun/bike session today, logged as different activities. Two of three had jagged altitude curves. In addition, I had the altitude and total ascent/descent on one of the data screens, and it was quite obvious that sampling was highly irregular (up to more than3 minutes for an update) even faulty with decrease in altitude as I actually climbed. Only the slow bike session home had a reasonable altitude curve. In between the activities I once re-started the watch (long press on light button) and twice did a manual altitude calibration using DEM data.

Bike ca 20 minutes (warm up and transport)

Trail 70 minutes

Bike ca 15 minutes (cool down and transport)

Children
No Data