Elevation question

The two elevation profiles below were runs on the same 3 miles of a relatively flat rail trail.  I run this almost every time I run. There's a slight incline on the way out, so a decline on the return.  The first image was from my run today using my Fenix 6S and the second was using my 945 a few weeks ago.  Why is it so choppy with the Fenix and smooth with the 945?  This was my very first run with the Fenix so I have nothing to compare it to.  Just want to confirm there's no problem with it.

Parents
  • For anyone who's been having this problem, have you noticed your elevation before you start an activity? I've seen that at night, sometimes my elevation goes from ~400 m (correct) to ~-8386000 meters. That number looks suprisingly close to -2^23, which makes me think that Garmin is stomping on memory. My watch face displays the altitude, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this.

When I start an activity without recalibrating altitude, I get this problem. *So far* when I recalibrate first, then start an activity, the problem doesn't happen.

• For anyone who's been having this problem, have you noticed your elevation before you start an activity? I've seen that at night, sometimes my elevation goes from ~400 m (correct) to ~-8386000 meters. That number looks suprisingly close to -2^23, which makes me think that Garmin is stomping on memory. My watch face displays the altitude, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this.

When I start an activity without recalibrating altitude, I get this problem. *So far* when I recalibrate first, then start an activity, the problem doesn't happen.

Children
No Data