Elevation question

The two elevation profiles below were runs on the same 3 miles of a relatively flat rail trail.  I run this almost every time I run. There's a slight incline on the way out, so a decline on the return.  The first image was from my run today using my Fenix 6S and the second was using my 945 a few weeks ago.  Why is it so choppy with the Fenix and smooth with the 945?  This was my very first run with the Fenix so I have nothing to compare it to.  Just want to confirm there's no problem with it.

Parents
  • First run with my replacement 6S sapphire which is on 4.10 and it is choppy and definitely pulling data once every minute.  My elevation numbers are perfect still so I'm not too bothered by it, but I wonder what's causing it across multiple Garmin models. It's been a very recent change.

• First run with my replacement 6S sapphire which is on 4.10 and it is choppy and definitely pulling data once every minute.  My elevation numbers are perfect still so I'm not too bothered by it, but I wonder what's causing it across multiple Garmin models. It's been a very recent change.

Children