This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Heart Rate Not Working

Got my Fenix 6x Sapphire 2 days ago and Heart Rate is not working.  Called Customer Support to report the issue (and process a return/refund) but they said that the engineers are aware of the situation and it is a software issue.  The rep said to wait until next week for a software update that they will roll out to fix this issue.   Please post if you've had similar response from customer service  *BTW, it would be great if Garmin can keep us updated through this Forum!

• Beta version 2.32. its ok.

• Same here, got the watch (6X Sapphire) on Monday (2 days ago) and out of the box the HR was flaky. Symptoms are, the sensor picks up the HR and then, after an arbitrary number of seconds/minutes it stops reading. I move the watch back and forth (which ends in the same position as before) to trigger the OHR and the reading resumes but then stops again. Updated to system v 3.0 and the problem persists. Very disappointed (as you can imagine after spending £749) that such a basic feature has not been tested before the release. I'm willing to wait (not too long) for the next official update and then see. If it doesn't fix the issue (or the fix doesn't come out in a reasonable time) then it will be a chargeback claim to my card provider. See link to video to replicate the issue (sad soundtrack on purpose).

• Did ya do the beta firmware update? My sensor didn't work out of the box, but been running solid including pulseOX ever since. I told Garmin support this issue was fully resolved, and impressively quickly, for me . 

• No I haven't tried it. Kind of hoping to have an official update. You think no risks doing that? Is it the one you found here?https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15048

• My sensor didn't work out of the box also. I don't want to be a beta tester. It's not an improvement. It is a big fault. For me and for more others the "problem" is not solved. NOT OFFICIAL software release.

• Ok, a little update for everyone. I've installed the 2.32 beta sensor sw (if you have a mac then you are stuffed - borrowed my son's pc) and everything seems to work fine now. I've slept wearing the watch and got a constant HR and POX reading throughout the night. Seems there are no adverse effects on the watch battery (4% drain in approx 7-8 hours of sleep). Cycled using the watch sensor  - constant readings too.

• Likewise, it appears the 6x cannot get above 115bpm when the 5x will be over 140bpm and agrees with a built in heart rate monitor on a cross trainer. Have sent email to Customer services 

• Mine went easily over 160 (after the patch). Have contacted customer service too and they said to install 2.32 patch.

• Hello, I have a Fenix 6s which was bought on 18th September. I turned on Pulse Ox last night and the heart rate monitor stopped working. Turned it off just now and the HR monitor started working again. Please let me know if this is a return or can be fixed.

Edit: it didn’t work for long, now has been off for around 4 hours.