This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Heart Rate Not Working

Got my Fenix 6x Sapphire 2 days ago and Heart Rate is not working.  Called Customer Support to report the issue (and process a return/refund) but they said that the engineers are aware of the situation and it is a software issue.  The rep said to wait until next week for a software update that they will roll out to fix this issue.   Please post if you've had similar response from customer service  *BTW, it would be great if Garmin can keep us updated through this Forum!

• Have exact same issue, and got the exact same response. They're tracking this issue, and it's happening to a lot of us, see prior forum posts. No hr and no pulseOX. 

I'm only confused as to who it isn't happening to. If it's software related, nobody should get heart rate tracking... As I didn't do anything but update the firmware and put it on my wrist like everybody else. 

I'm hopeful it'll be fixed by next Friday.... 

• Fenix 6x sapphire unboxed today, HR is offline almost all the time, springs into life for a few seconds here and there but is way wrong then goes off again, lights not even on as if its not trying to pick up HR. Put data recording to every second, on / off wrist hr, reset device still not working. Next step phone garmin uk. 

• Mine too. Saphire. Iwill keep my stratos though. I am used to lightweight and thinness. Also i am reading the book training for the uphill athlete and i need to train in very lower hr, as most of us, for months. The garmin coach training is not good in the books opinion.

• Mine too. Saphire. Iwill keep my stratos though. I am used to lightweight and thinness. Also i am reading the book training for the uphill athlete and i need to train in very lower hr, as most of us, for months. The garmin coach training is not good in the books opinion.

• Just got mine unboxed today, the same issue!! Hope the fix will come sooner than later. Come on Garmin engineers!!

• I've had this issue as well.  I noticed yesterday morning when I got ready to start my run, I never got a full lock on GPS.  The color bar went to yellow but never green.  I never start a run until it is green, so I cycled the power.  I started the run activity again on the watch and seconds later I had a green bar, so I proceeded with my run (FWIW, I use a chest strap during my runs).  It wasn't until later in the afternoon when I was looking at my run on Garmin Connect that I noticed I didn't have any recorded heart rate for the day until the start of my run, but it has been recording ever since and syncing it to GC.  I wonder if it has something to do with connecting to the computer.  I've been transferring a fair amount of music over the past few days via Garmin Express, but that task is settling down.  I haven't connected it to the computer since that power cycle yesterday morning and as I mentioned my all-day heart rate and SpO2 are being captured flawlessly now.

• Same issue here, mine arrived 3 days ago.

• Same.  Pro Solar.  Tried lots of stuff even wiped and created a new Garmin test account for the new watch with no success.

P.S.:  Is the Test Mode documented?  Power on while holding the left side down button.

d

• Same issue here.  Just bought my 6x sapphire about 4 hrs ago.  The only way the HR works constantly is if you go to Broadcast Heart Rate.  Looking forward to it being fixed ASAP.  A bit disappointed a major feature like this isn't working out if the box.

• Me too. Have had for two days. Day one was fine then yesterday it seemed to pack up?  Tried obvious things like restarting etc but no jo. Very disappointed Slight frown