6X not connecting to Wi-fi

I am new to Fenix ownership and loving the watch do far. My only issue is I can not get it to join my home (BT) Wi-fi!

i have tried via Connect, Express and on watch itself. I have tried setting my iPhone as a hotspot and it won’t connect to that either! All I get is ‘Connection failed’.

its a shame as I want to download Spotify playlists and this can only be done via Wi-fi.

Does anyone else struggle?

Thanks!

• I think that's possible. I work in electronics manufacturing on an ASM Siplace SMT line. Some of the components that we assemble come from different manufacturers. Nevertheless, all components should comply with the specifications.

• Well, some of the displays already mentioned are backlit and really crying. I work as an enterprise infrastructure administrator and software developer (for example the project https://msdb.info) and I know a lot about networks. But I'm not enough for a small device from Garmin :)

• I have no problem connecting to a WPA2 network. After updating the firmware to v10, I did have to go into Garmin Express and remove the network, and then add it again, but I have always been able to connect to my WPA2 network.

• I'm having this problem at the moment with both a Fenix 6 Pro and a VA3m.

I'm wondering if upgrading Fenix 6 to 10.x has caused it, maybe it triggers something on the Garmin backend that can't cope with a 4 digit software version for syncing?

My wifi sync has been perfect for the last 2 years, so something has def changed on the Garmin backend to cause these failures.

Those reporting them again now - have you all upgraded to the 10.x version?

• The little things are often the hardest to solve.

• I have updated to RC10.00, however my FR945 was not updated and it has the same issue.

In the following topic Adam had not upgraded his watch to 10.x yet when he started to see the problem:

forums.garmin.com/.../wifi-sync-failed

• Ok so recently my Garmin just wouldn't connect to my WiFi , I had previously worked great then suddenly stopped. 

I reset it to factory same problem,  how I actually got it to work was stupid but it's worth a go. .

So the watch only support 2.4ghz WiFi , I setup that band to be on 802.11G only , the watch then connected , I ran a download from Spotify and all worked . 

I then changed my 2.4ghz WiFi back to mixed b/g/n and it's still working so maybe there is an issue with the watch when it tries to connect on mixed mode 

• Hi, I own 6X Pro version and had this  wifi issue rececently.  Previously it was 0201 error which was fixed on 11.00 SW. Now I was facing "No internet connection" error while connecting to any of previously-worked-fine wifi network. I can observe on router logs that IP is assigned correctly so that means whis is not hardware issue or configuration issue like wrong password/too less/to big etc etc. Seems that this is more like access denied/certification issue. Of course I tried several times  to delete all networks and recreate network with GCM/GE/ on watch .  I have even flashed beta firmware 12.20 - It doesn't help either .

What HELP ME  was to "restore settings to default" from watch (it will keep activities/music). After that wifi connection was restored again.

Please let me know if somebody have better solution.

• THANKS for the "Reset to Factory" idea.   My activities were saved and It fixed it.     That said, I did have to re-download Spotify and its music.     THANKS AGAIN

• I had the same issue - I switched router from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz and the watched connected straight away. 

Might not be the fix for some however it worked for me.