6X not connecting to Wi-fi

I am new to Fenix ownership and loving the watch do far. My only issue is I can not get it to join my home (BT) Wi-fi!

i have tried via Connect, Express and on watch itself. I have tried setting my iPhone as a hotspot and it won’t connect to that either! All I get is ‘Connection failed’.

its a shame as I want to download Spotify playlists and this can only be done via Wi-fi.

Does anyone else struggle?

Thanks!

• Having owned a 6 Sapphire for 24 hours now, trawling through these forums it seems this is a common issue that Garmin have acknowledged. I am also having this issue, however mine was working up to the point when I did the 4.10 firmware update which seems to have introduced the problem 

• Same problem here. got my Fenix 6 pro yesterday and never managed to connect to my home WIF while all other devices and Garmin watches used to work before. iPhone hub constantly says "connection failed", office guest wifi connects but still not able to successfully sync. Most annoying for me is that I am having difficulties pre loading courses which is a function I always loved doing trail running in Hong Kong. I wish I haven't upgraded from 5X as all worked well before. I am using software version 4.2 and the service people from Garmin in Hong Kong are as always not responding on any problems anyway - great after sales as always with this firm.

• Yep, Purchased a few days ago, not been able to connect to any wifi network.

Returning and getting a full refund, such a poor watch, not fit for use.

• Ciao, anche io con il mio Garmin Fenix 6 Pro non riesco a connettermi alla wi-fi di casa, possibile??? Ora proverò a fare alcune prove...

• Same problem.  Can't recognize any WIFI networks.  Have to return it.

• Have given up and returned my watch; gone back to my Apple Watch 4 which works perfectly! Real shame. Good luck to you all. 

• The issue appears to be that Fenix does not properly support WPA2 protocol. If you switch to another WiFi that does not use this (almost all do these days) you will get a sync. I solved this by creating a temporary guest network, with no authentication (Open) and then deleting all known networks and restarting the watch, it can then see this new network, and download happily. This is only a short-term fix. You should download all you're playlists and delete the network (the actual one, and from your watch) then re-add you real one. Restart again and you will be back to having WiFi sync, but playlists will be frozen, sorry, best i can do.

• What fixed it for me was to remove an "@" that I had in my WIFI password, if I add it back, it won't connect, LOL

In any case, got fixed after upgrading firmware.

• I am experiencing the same problems having tried everything. I have Virgin hub and all other devices connect but either says"Incorrect Password" which it isn't or when I try to add a network to try to play Spotify I get "Can't find known network" even though my playlists are shown on the watch.

I've reset the watch twice and still no problem. I've tried connecting to my iPhone using it as a wifi hotspot but nothing works whereas all the other features on the watch do.

I like the watch but this is something that should have been checked by Garmin before they released it as its clearly not an isolated problem having read the internet.

• I’m connecting to a Virgin hub right now however. No issues at all. 

Brother in law also has virgin and connects with his to a Virgin hub.

I don’t think this is the issue you think it is.

You may have a faulty watch because the majority of them connect via WiFi just fine. 

Exchange it for another.