6X not connecting to Wi-fi

I am new to Fenix ownership and loving the watch do far. My only issue is I can not get it to join my home (BT) Wi-fi!

i have tried via Connect, Express and on watch itself. I have tried setting my iPhone as a hotspot and it won’t connect to that either! All I get is ‘Connection failed’.

its a shame as I want to download Spotify playlists and this can only be done via Wi-fi.

Does anyone else struggle?

Thanks!

• Open wifi seems to be the short term answer, but definitely not a long term solution.  I am hoping the Engineers at Garmin are busy as beavers getting this corrected, and soon.

• Does your watch connect to your hotspot connection on your phone? I can see you say you tried it, but you didn’t say if that worked. 

If the hotspot didn’t work then you may have a faulty watch. If it does work then clearly there’s an issue between the Apple WiFi router and the Fenix. 

Apple can be a bit funny at times with WiFi. A friend of mine had issues when trying to use Apple hardware with his home broadband. Removing it and going to a different brand saw no issues at all with his other WiFi devices. I’m not saying you should get rid of your Apple gear, but have you tried your watch with a friends WiFi, using another branded item to see if it connects? If so, Apple may be the culprit again. (I’ve seen it where Apple connects to some WiFi items and not others. Not sure why)

• Connecting to hotspot on my phone works.  So for now I am using that method to sync my music, etc

• It didn’t work last time I tried it but I’ll give it another try Thumbsup tone1

• Nope, won’t even connect to my iPhone hotspot

• I’d return it. You may have faulty hardware. 

• Today got my brand new 6 sapph ti. Great watch. And YES i experience the same Wifi troubles. 

Based on my experience with many watches this needs to be fixed with a patch/firmware update by Garmin. 

Maybe some lucky ones got it working but not me...simply buggy!

@garmin, get the patch out!

• The vast majority of users don’t have this issue at all however. So it’s not actually likely to require a patch. 

What router are you trying to connect to?

Have you tried connecting to another router at a friend or family members house?

Have you tried a mobile hotspot?

• With respect sir there are clearly a number of us having an issue. I am not trying to do anything complex! I have a BT smart hub 2, standard set up, not hidden etc every device I have ever owned, iPads, phones, Apple watches, laptops etc etc have never had any trouble joining my Wi-fi but this watch flatly refuses to join it! It won’t join by iPhone set up as a hot spot either. I don’t think I’m alone in this. There is either a software issue or a hardware issue with some of the watches?

• A very small number of you with the issue when you look at how many of these watches are out there and how few people are complaining of this fault.

I’m on a few Garmin related sites and when an issue affects a lot of people you quickly know about it. But this appears to affect a handful. 

That’s not to play down your issue, but for someone to suggest it’s buggy and needs a patch seems to be overacting at best.

If you can’t connect to a hub and you can’t connect to a hotspot and you’re positive that you’re entering the password correctly, including case sensitivity etc then I’d be sending your unit back for a swap for another. Its more likely to be a few faulty units than a software bug that needs patching looking at how many users are affected by this compared to those that aren’t.