This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• Although my 6X Sapphire resembles the one in the picture, mine is not as pronounced.  I suspect that the difference lies in the manufacturing tolerances of positioning the sensors under that window.  My 6X Sapphire did have a problem with oHR, but I have attributed that to a software issue.  It seemed that after I disconnected it from the PC (after transferring some music), it showed the problem.  A power cycle corrected that.  I haven't connected it to the computer since Friday, and the problem has never reappeared.  oHR and pulseox and reading and syncing flawlessly.

• Thought I'd update the thread with a few observations after using the watch for a few days:

1) If I am "at rest", not recording an activity, HR works only infrequently at best.  My old Vivoactive 3 works perfectly with the same wrist position and band tightness.

2) If I am not recording an activity, but in motion (even just driving in a car) HR appears to work more consistently, but I don't have enough data points to prove this.

3) Perhaps similar to #2, if I am actually exercising and using the Fenix to broadcast HR to my bike computer, HR works more consistently than at rest.

4) When I am exercising and recording an activity on the Fenix, HR generally seems to work.  I have still seen drops, but potentially at similar rates to other watches.

I've had zero success getting a response from Garmin on email or actually connecting via the support chat experience.  I may call to RMA/Cross ship a replacement rather than wait for a fix.

• Just one more thought to this.

How did you guys do reset - when you tried to solve HR issue?

I tried to reset mine 6X today (sw 3.0) due some daily summaries problems (I reported in other thread) and during erasing (yep eraser on the screen) watch froze, became fully unresponsive. Resetting it - it gets back to eraser screen - but never moves from it.

Then I did master reset with keys (while off, hold start, back & down keys and press light/power up - watch will boot. On the first beep, release start button, on the second beep - release other buttons). I wanted to be sure so I first removed all paired devices from Garmin Connect and only then setup/pair 6X from scratch.

Knock on wood - my daily summary issues seen to be gone, but I wanted to share if this would help solve HR issue (if they are really sw related)

P.S. sometimes manufacturers dont pack just barebone firmware in the box but add some bloat over it which complicates things (my out of box device had Spotify and Deezer installed - but upon master reset they were gone). Hope this helps anyone.

• The beta version of a new firmware was just rolled out, with the following release notes:

Change Log Notes:

• The zip file contained in the link above only includes a sensor hub update of 2.25. This resolves the issue for 6X devices failing to turn on Pulse-OX and Wrist Heart Rate.

Fingers crossed.

• Yesterday i reset my F6 to fabric also i fully recharged, but still have problem with HR i POX, even i disable POX there are still problems with inacurrate HR measurement which is recently interrupted.

I have notice also that after reset, when backlit is set on "after sunset" then it works like be inverted, gesture and button backlit works in the day, not at night. Before reset backlit works well.

Now i need to test If GPS tracking is working.

• Downloaded the new update. OHR and pulse ox now working, for now on my fenix 6x saphire

• fixed the heart rate issue for me, killed the pulse ox. > occasionally says measuring. never has data.

• I already update my Fenix 6x Saphire from 2.20 to 2.25 and now Pulse Ox is working well. Until update always was No Data.. I will also monitor the HR for any recording gap during non-activity time..

• This is my with HR and POX issue

• Issue fixed on my Fenix with latest beta update. WHR and Pulse OX work