This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug: Epix Gen 2 Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Bluetooth often

I have used my Epix Gen 2 in several training activities since it arrived a few days ago. Overall it has been a wonderful experience. 

However, I find that there are occasions where the watch disconnects from my Samsung S21 Ultra and then reconnects within two or three seconds. The behavior happens about three times in a row and then it subsides.

Because it is reconnecting so quickly, I has not posed a significant problem. But, it is odd that it happens. The phone is always on my person when it happens.

The Epix Gen 2 has the latest software update and so does my phone. 

Anyone else experience this?

• I did a live chat with Garmin yesterday.  Their solution was to delete the app, the device and Bluetooth connection then download the components again.  I did explain that this is happening to a lot of people, do you ever check the Forum?  The answer was yes but I don't know how they haven't picked this one up.  It's still our problem in their eyes, not the proper way to handle the situation, in my opinion. 

• I have this problem too. Disconnecting, reconnecting from heart rate, headphones and stryd. so bloody boring. 

• I received recently 7.35, today I had a run with my Jabra Elite 65T, additionally had running pod connected. It was one hour run and.. it was without any audio issue. It got some one second issue (very short break), but it got back to play without any action from my side. With previous software version I got it every 20-30 minutes. Maybe I was lucky today but looks better for me. Music was streamed by spotify (of course from Epix directly).

Wish all the same experience

• UPDATE (29 March 2022): I have Software Version 7.35 and a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with most updated software. I was just sitting here doing work in my office and my Epix 2 has disconnected and connected four times in a row in a 5-minute span while the phone has been in my pocket. I just turned off the feature again because, at this juncture, it is just annoying. I hope Garmin development teams fix this issue for the next software release (9 April, perhaps?).

• Me also same phone and same problem. Already sent to Garmin support and, as I previously wrote, they know the issue and working on to sort is out.

• So did did deleting and reloading the app work?

• I got lazy and frustrated with their response, so I didn't try.  Then I saw more messages this week stating that Garmin is aware of the problem and are working on a fix with the suggestion that it may be fixed, I think, on April 7 when they are providing an update.  If that doesn't happen, then I will give it a try. 

• Mine was just in one of those disconnect - connect episodes so i put my phone in airplane mode for 30 seconds.  This was about  a 1/2 hour ago and so far, it has stayed connected.  Not a solution but maybe a temporary work around.

• I deleted the app and reconnected everything from scratch.  Did not make a difference.

• For the past two days (after a month of stellar BT connectivity), my watch disconnects at the drop of a hat (not literally; I don't wear a hat in the house to drop). It then goes into pairing (not Connecting) mode, displaying the six-digit pairing number. After that, it's a gamble whether it actually will pair. Usually not, upon which it helpfully suggests I download GC. It then keeps trying, such that when I look at my watch with BT engaged, mostly all I see lately is the pairing number or a prompt to Try Again. This gets boring awfully fast. 

Basically, BT loses its connection/pairing if I'm more than a few feet away from my phone, and then needs to be re-paired. Previously, it was good for 15 meters or more. For example, my bedroom is in the southwest corner of the basement. The phone is in the office in the northeast corner of the main floor. I used to wake up with the watch connected, one floor and several walls away. I hope Garmin is working on this as the watch is pretty useless without reliable bluetooth.