This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

• I have not been having this issue, but I updated to the latest SW before using it.  It generally finds satellite within 30 seconds.

• Same here, this morning after the last update I’ve played golf and my new s62 took more than 30min before get gps signal, I’ve tried with running activity and I’ve got the same issue.

after 30min of search the gps signal was good and than I was able to play golf or use any other activities that need gps.

software version 2.1

• I have a similar issue.  GPS takes a long time to lock and does not function properly during the round.  Updates to yardages are very slow or don't happen at all.  I have updated to the latest version (2.1) via garmin express and the problem persists.

• Got the answer (at least it worked for me). My S62 is up to date and I still had the issue... However, when I called Gamin Help Desk, the person advised to keep trying and it'll basically "learn" to connect faster and more accurately. Took less than a day (with a couple of tries) and it actually worked. Now it picks up the GPS within seconds. 

• What does it means? Does the watch need to “learn” all the time I’ll move to a new golf course? I hope this is not the case because I cannot waste 9 hole before start using the watch.....

• No, you don't have to actually play a course or even physically do an activity. Just try to turn on your GPS through the golf app or another activity. Once it finds the GPS location, exit and try to trigger GPS location again. I did this a couple of times between the golf app and the run feature and it worked for me. 

• OK got it, but let me give you and example. Today I'm in Milan, I use this "workaround" and it works, next weel I'll be in Saint Andrews and i'd like to play golf, now for your experience/opition do I have to use this workaround again or the watch will be able to catch the gps singal quickly?

• You don't have to use the workaround again. By that point, the GPS is good at picking up the signal moving forward (even if it's a new location). I know because I just played a new course today and it worked perfectly. 

• Thank you for your reply! Let see