Stopwatch Widget/App: Stop and Go

A simple stopwatch with large numbers, dark mode, clock, laps/splits, and GPS activity recording. Keeps running after you close it.

Available as a widget or full device app.

Features

• On-screen prompts for all the essential, non-obvious buttons, like Lap and Reset, so you don't have to read the manual
  • App: Optionally record your laps to an activity so you can look at them later on your watch or Garmin Connect
    • Select activity type (generic, running, walking, training, swimming or cycling)
    • Optionally enable GPS
  • Widget: Start stopwatch instantly from widget front page - just press START. Front page always shows stopwatch, running or not.
  • Large numbers
  • Clock
  • Optional simple mode with just the clock and stopwatch. No laps or recording.
  • Laps
  • Lap time and split total time; either can be bigger/shown in lap list. Switch between laps and splits: hold Down or swipe left
  • Pop-up lap screen: lap number, lap time and total time
    • Take laps, pause timer while looking at lap screen
  • Scroll through your laps while the stopwatch is running
  • Slowest lap is red, fastest lap is green
  • Can exit app without stopping stopwatch or losing laps: hold Back
  • Black or white background
  • Optional tones and vibrations, on start or stop
  • Minimalist design with intuitive controls optimized for your device, whether it has a touchscreen or buttons
  • So, I am wondering if there is/would be an option to have all numbers displayed in the larger size?

I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I'll put it on the wishlist. Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it!

Not to sound cliche, but I'd appreciate it if you spread the word about the app to any of your friends who might like it. Thanks!

• Great. That is awesome. The context is the following:

1. This is for the sport of curling.

2. The speed of the rock can be determined by timing certain segments. This time is useful to see if the ice speed is getting faster or slower. It is an indicator.

3. Typically the times I would measure are somewhere between 3.5 seconds and 4.2 seconds. Some segments are longer, and may need to measure time between 23.0 and 25.0 seconds. So, tenths of a second are adequate. 

So, the button works great to start and stop the stopwatch, much better than tapping the screen. If I could see even tenths of a second in larger font would be good. I can use it now, but I need to squint to make out the hundredths of a second. It sucks getting old.

• Could Vivoactive 4 be supported?

• It's on the wishlist. Thanks for the interest!

• Linking to another post with a question about split times on Garmin Connect and lap time precision (the ability to see 100ths of seconds on Garmin Connect):

forums.garmin.com/.../two-questions-about-the-stop-and-go-app

• Future Roadmap/Wishlist:

- App: Support VA4/4S [DONE]

- Widget: Support glance mode [DONE]

- Widget: Support Fenix 6 (all) and VA4/4S [DONE]

- App/Widget: Support Venu [DONE]

- App: Support turning on GPS (only useful for recording) [DONE]

- App: Support selecting activity type (e.g. Running, Biking) (only useful for recording) [DONE]

- App/Widget: Support never displaying the fractional part of seconds [DONE]

- App/Widget: Support display of fractional seconds in larger font

- App/Widget: Improve cosmetics on certain devices (especially for edge cases such as laps that are longer than 9:59)

- App/Widget: (optionally) Display HR. This is a tough one, as one of the design goals is simplicity, and I don't want to clutter up the UI any further.

---

Thanks for all the suggestions and the feedback! I'm open to any suggestions, especially any comments/criticism on usability and cosmetics.

• Latest changes:

5.13.3 (app and widget)

• Use consistent transitions for settings pages

5.12 (app and widget)

• Tweak settings names (e.g. "Lap Screen" → "Lap Pop-up")

5.11 (App):

•  Add option to enable GPS
    • Add option to select activity type (e.g. generic, running, walking)
    • Move controls settings to dedicated menu - change text to be more intuitive.

5.10 (Widget)

•  Fix glance mode UX issue for devices which don't support live updates (e.g. FR245 non-music)
    • Move controls settings to dedicated menu - change text to be more intuitive.
      e.g. "Use Long Press" - "On/Off" becomes "Exit (while active)" - "Press UP Twice / Hold Back"

5.9.1 (Widget) 

• Fix bug where glance mode always showed split (total) time, instead of respecting your choice of lap/split time

Stop and Go 5.9.1:

• Widget: Fix bug where glance mode always showed split (total) time, instead of respecting your choice of lap/split time

Stop and Go 5.9:

• App/Widget: Support Venu, Venu Sq and D2 Air
    • Widget: Optimize glance performance

Stop and Go 5.8.1:

• App: Update version in settings menu
    • Widget: Support Fenix 6 (all), Vivoactive 4/4S, Descent MK2, Legacy watches, and Approach S62

Stop and Go (app) v5.8:

• Support Vivoactive 4, 4S, and Legacy watches
    • Support Approach S62
    • Fix Approach S60 crash after saving or discarding recorded activity
    • Fix certain swipe gestures for Vivoactive (original) and Approach S60

cc: 

Stop and Go 5.7 (App only):

- Add support for Fenix 6 (all), Descent MK2

• Update: widget and app 5.14:

•  Add setting for showing milliseconds: auto, never, always

• Cool – thanks! At the moment, I still see 5.13.3, can't wait for 5.14.

• No problem!

The store is a little messed up rn -- it takes a while for the latest update to show up for some people. Personally I have to wait about a minute after uploading an update for it to show up,